Memory Leak (3.2.70.0)

iamspartacus

iamspartacus

I'm noticing a serious memory leak running the official Emby docker container.  After just 2 days of uptime my RAM usage by Emby was up to 26GB until I restarted it.

Is this a known issue?

gene0915

I'm noticing a serious memory leak running the official Emby docker container.  After just 2 days of uptime my RAM usage by Emby was up to 26GB until I restarted it.

Is this a known issue?

Same. I reported it in another thread. Under Antergos, the version in the Arch repository doesn't have this problem. On my Linux Mint 18.3 box (Debian/Ubuntu), severe memory leak.

iamspartacus

I'm at 6 days uptime w/ 766MB for the docker container.  What have you been up to in 2 days?

Nothing.  I haven't watched a single file since I updated to the latest version just a few days ago.

@@Luke I will post logs tomorrow.

gene0915

Great, thanks.

Other than the main server log file, is there any other logs that need uploaded? If I get some time tonight (or the next day or three), I'll add a library and once the memory balloons, copy off the server log file and upload it.

• 1 month later...
ddurdle

I've always been noticing a memory leak.  I have several servers running in the cloud (on debian).  I'm trying to track down the culprit, but I'm thinking it might be related to library scans.  I have scans happening twice a day and I notice the memory consumption slowly creeps up.  Sometimes I guess there are larger scans (more updates) and that quickly exhaust the memory.  It is hard to troubleshoot in those cases because I'll realize the server is completely hung (cannot allocate memory) whereas Emby will be consuming 99.9% of the memory.  When I check the server's stats, I'll see things tanked close to the last start time of a library scan.

On another system where there really isn't library updates, Emby will run solid for days without consuming more than 3% of the memory (on a 3.75GB system).  Whereas the on another system where I have a lot of library updates, I'll consume at minimum 25% a day, so I need to routinely recycle the service.

mastrmind11

Why are you scanning more than once a day?  Emby will monitor your libraries and update when new stuff is added/removed.