Not Seeing DMR?

gcoupe

gcoupe

I don't seem to be able to "Play to" a DMR in my home network. It is a Denon 3808 AVR. It shows up as a DMR named "Network Audio" in Windows 8.1, and can be used by Windows Media Player and Modern UI Apps. Here's a screenshot of it being used in the DMC panel of WMP:

532714c4aadce_MB3DMR02.png

I had thought that it would show up in the DLNA section of the MB3 Server Dashboard, but there are no entries listed: 

53271527a0beb_MB3DMR03.png

Is it supposed to show up here? If not, how do I use the Denon as a DMR; it doesn't seem to appear in the Web browser either.

7illusions

It should show up under the dashboard view as a active connection and controlled by performing a PlayTo action from the Win8 app or the Remote button in WebClient.

Please provide a Debug log of the server startup if it's not visible there

gcoupe

It should show up under the dashboard view as a active connection and controlled by performing a PlayTo action from the Win8 app or the Remote button in WebClient.

Please provide a Debug log of the server startup if it's not visible there

Hmm. Well, it's not showing up as an active connection - I can only see the Web browser dashboard interface under the Active Connections here:

53272fe46e483_MB3DMR04.png

I can access the Denon as a DMR by performing a PlayTo action from any Windows 8 Modern UI App, or Windows Media Player, but it doesn't show up in the WebClient Remote button. BTW, there was a bug in the PlayTo functionality of your MB3 Windows 8 App - has that been fixed?

Here's the log of the server startup: http://paste2.org/bFyfns0p

The MB3 server is running under the Administrator account on my WHS 2011 box.

7illusions

Ok. The log states that we create two listener, one for the loopback and one for your ethernet connection.

Since DLNA uses UDP communication on port 1900, can you check if you have a firewall blocking that port?

gcoupe

A firewall where? on the WHS 2011?

Given that DLNA is working everywhere else in my home network, I assume it must be on the Windows Firewall of WHS 2011, and I would assume that the MB3 Server needs to tell Windows Firewall to open up the port. Are you saying that it doesn't, and that I need to do this manually?

Thanks in advance.

7illusions

Yes, you will have to do it manually. (At this state. Most likely this will improve. :D)

gcoupe

OK, I want to add a rule that is associated with the MB3 Server executable - but I need to find out where the damn thing is on my disc. It's not in either of the usual places (Program Files or Program Files (x86) ), so where the bleep is it?

Thanks.

gcoupe

Thanks. I've poked around a bit, but nothing seems to have changed. I'll try again tomorrow with a fresh start and a clear head.

gcoupe

Well, I don't think I understand how DLNA is supposed to work on the MB3 server. You say that a DMR is supposed to show up under the "Active Connections" list on the Dashboard section. But surely that is meant to show just MB3 clients?

Here, for example, is what I see being reported by the MB3 Server on my WHS 2011 when I have a web browser dashboard and MBC open on my desktop PC, and the MB3 Windows 8 App open on my Tablet:

532754037aaf8_MB3DMR05.png

The items listed are the MB3 clients, and not DLNA DMR devices.

I would expect the DMR devices to be listed in the DLNA section, but as the screenshot I posted earlier shows, there are no devices listed, even though the Denon is active, and showing up as a DMR under Windows on all my PCs and Tablet.

I've looked at the Windows Firewall rules on the WHS 2011, and Media Browser Server has no block on UDP on any port either inbound or outbound that I can see. What is the next step?

Thanks.

7illusions

Actually, what we do is working with dlna the other way around.

we wrap the DMR as a MB3 client, hence it should show up in the list.

Since your log shows no attemts to create a device, the response is not getting through to the socket which indicates a port/firewall issue.

swhitmore

Well, I don't think I understand how DLNA is supposed to work on the MB3 server. You say that a DMR is supposed to show up under the "Active Connections" list on the Dashboard section. But surely that is meant to show just MB3 clients?

Once working, it will show up like this:

5327c0ee21a43_Capture.jpg

gcoupe

Nope, that's not it. I can see devices on the network in the Network Sharing Center on the WHS 2011. However, I did notice that, by default, Media Streaming is turned off in WHS 2011. I've turned it on (fervently hoping that this does NOT break something else in WHS 2011) and now can see the Denon DMR (shown as Network Audio) as a media device in the network. However, despite a restart of MB3, it is still NOT showing up in MB3.

Perhaps it's time for a scorched earth policy - a full removal and reinstallation of MB3 Server?

5327f8e6294f5_MB3DMR06.png

5327f92e4a492_MB3DMR07.png

Edited by gcoupe

gcoupe

OK, I've completely uninstalled, and then re-installed the MB3 Server, but there has been no change - my Denon 3808 is still not showing up in the list of Active Connections.

I've run a Wireshark trace, and I can see MediaBrowser find the Denon on the network and request its DLNA capabilities. I can also see the Denon send back the requested list.

However, MB3 clearly doesn't want to do anything with it and appears to be ignoring this DMR.

Why?

532868e1c4400_MB3DMR10.png

532868fe49753_MB3DMR11.png

gcoupe
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<root xmlns:ms=" urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0"><dlna:X_DLNADOC xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0"> DMR-1.50 </dlna:X_DLNADOC><specVersion><major>1</major><minor>0</minor></specVersion><URLBase>http://192.168.178.22:8080</URLBase><device ms:X_MS_SupportsWMDRM="true"><deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</deviceType><friendlyName>Network Audio</friendlyName><manufacturer>DENON</manufacturer><manufacturerURL>http://www.denon.com</manufacturerURL><modelDescription>AV SURROUND RECEIVER</modelDescription><modelName>AVR-3808</modelName><modelNumber>3808</modelNumber><modelURL>http://www.denon.com</modelURL><serialNumber>0005CD142DD7</serialNumber><UDN>uuid:5F9EC1B3-ED59-79BB-4530-0005CD142DD7</UDN><UPC>123810928305556upc</UPC><iconList><icon><mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype><width>48</width><height>48</height><depth>24</depth><url>/BCO_device_sm_icon.jpg</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype><width>120</width><height>120</height><depth>24</depth><url>/BCO_device_lrg_icon.jpg</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/png</mimetype><width>48</width><height>48</height><depth>24</depth><url>/BCO_device_sm_icon.png</url></icon><icon><mimetype>image/png</mimetype><width>120</width><height>120</height><depth>24</depth><url>/BCO_device_lrg_icon.png</url></icon></iconList><serviceList><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControlServiceID</serviceId><SCPDURL>/RenderingControl/desc.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/RenderingControl/ctrl</controlURL><eventSubURL>/RenderingControl/evt</eventSubURL></service><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManagerServiceID</serviceId><SCPDURL>/ConnectionManager/desc.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/ConnectionManager/ctrl</controlURL><eventSubURL>/ConnectionManager/evt</eventSubURL></service><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransportServiceID</serviceId><SCPDURL>/AVTransport/desc.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/AVTransport/ctrl</controlURL><eventSubURL>/AVTransport/evt</eventSubURL></service><service><serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:HtmlPageHandler:1</serviceType><serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HtmlPageServiceID</serviceId><SCPDURL>/HtmlPageHandler/desc.xml</SCPDURL><controlURL>/HtmlPageHandler/ctrl</controlURL><eventSubURL>/HtmlPageHandler/evt</eventSubURL></service></serviceList><presentationURL>/index.html</presentationURL></device></root>

gcoupe
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<scpd xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service-1-0"><specVersion><major>1</major><minor>0</minor></specVersion><actionList><action><name>SetAVTransportURI</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentURI</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>AVTransportURI</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentURIMetaData</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>AVTransportURIMetaData</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetMediaInfo</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>NrTracks</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>NumberOfTracks</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>MediaDuration</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentMediaDuration</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentURI</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>AVTransportURI</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentURIMetaData</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>AVTransportURIMetaData</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>NextURI</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>NextAVTransportURI</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>NextURIMetaData</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>NextAVTransportURIMetaData</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>PlayMedium</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>PlaybackStorageMedium</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RecordMedium</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>RecordStorageMedium</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>WriteStatus</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>RecordMediumWriteStatus</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetTransportInfo</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentTransportState</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>TransportState</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentTransportStatus</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>TransportStatus</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentSpeed</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>TransportPlaySpeed</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetPositionInfo</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Track</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentTrack</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>TrackDuration</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentTrackDuration</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>TrackMetaData</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentTrackMetaData</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>TrackURI</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentTrackURI</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RelTime</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>RelativeTimePosition</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>AbsTime</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>AbsoluteTimePosition</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RelCount</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>RelativeCounterPosition</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>AbsCount</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>AbsoluteCounterPosition</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetDeviceCapabilities</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>PlayMedia</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>PossiblePlaybackStorageMedia</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RecMedia</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>PossibleRecordStorageMedia</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RecQualityModes</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>PossibleRecordQualityModes</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetTransportSettings</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>PlayMode</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentPlayMode</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>RecQualityMode</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentRecordQualityMode</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Stop</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Play</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Speed</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>TransportPlaySpeed</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Pause</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Seek</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Unit</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_SeekMode</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Target</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_SeekTarget</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Next</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>Previous</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>SetPlayMode</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>NewPlayMode</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentPlayMode</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetCurrentTransportActions</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Actions</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>CurrentTransportActions</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action></actionList><serviceStateTable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>TransportState</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>STOPPED</allowedValue><allowedValue>PLAYING</allowedValue><allowedValue>PAUSED_PLAYBACK</allowedValue><allowedValue>TRANSITIONING</allowedValue><allowedValue>NO_MEDIA_PRESENT</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>TransportStatus</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>OK</allowedValue><allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>PlaybackStorageMedium</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>NETWORK</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>RecordStorageMedium</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>PossiblePlaybackStorageMedia</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>PossibleRecordStorageMedia</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentPlayMode</name><dataType>string</dataType><defaultValue>NORMAL</defaultValue><allowedValueList><allowedValue>NORMAL</allowedValue><allowedValue>SHUFFLE</allowedValue><allowedValue>REPEAT_ONE</allowedValue><allowedValue>REPEAT_ALL</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>TransportPlaySpeed</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>1</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>RecordMediumWriteStatus</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentRecordQualityMode</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>NOT_IMPLEMENTED</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>PossibleRecordQualityModes</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>NumberOfTracks</name><dataType>ui4</dataType><allowedValueRange><minimum>0</minimum><maximum>1</maximum></allowedValueRange></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentTrack</name><dataType>ui4</dataType><allowedValueRange><minimum>0</minimum><maximum>1</maximum><step>1</step></allowedValueRange></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentTrackDuration</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentMediaDuration</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentTrackMetaData</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentTrackURI</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>AVTransportURI</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>AVTransportURIMetaData</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>NextAVTransportURI</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>NextAVTransportURIMetaData</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>RelativeTimePosition</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>AbsoluteTimePosition</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>RelativeCounterPosition</name><dataType>i4</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>AbsoluteCounterPosition</name><dataType>i4</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>CurrentTransportActions</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="yes"><name>LastChange</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_SeekMode</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>TRACK_NR</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_SeekTarget</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</name><dataType>ui4</dataType></stateVariable></serviceStateTable></scpd>

gcoupe
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<scpd xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service-1-0"><specVersion><major>1</major><minor>0</minor></specVersion><actionList><action><name>ListPresets</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentPresetNameList</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>PresetNameList</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>SelectPreset</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>PresetName</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_PresetName</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetMute</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Channel</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_Channel</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentMute</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>Mute</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>SetMute</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Channel</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_Channel</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>DesiredMute</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>Mute</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>GetVolume</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Channel</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_Channel</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>CurrentVolume</name><direction>out</direction><relatedStateVariable>Volume</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action><action><name>SetVolume</name><argumentList><argument><name>InstanceID</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>Channel</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>A_ARG_TYPE_Channel</relatedStateVariable></argument><argument><name>DesiredVolume</name><direction>in</direction><relatedStateVariable>Volume</relatedStateVariable></argument></argumentList></action></actionList><serviceStateTable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>PresetNameList</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="yes"><name>LastChange</name><dataType>string</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>Mute</name><dataType>boolean</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>Volume</name><dataType>ui2</dataType><allowedValueRange><minimum>0</minimum><maximum>100</maximum><step>1</step></allowedValueRange></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_Channel</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>Master</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_InstanceID</name><dataType>ui4</dataType></stateVariable><stateVariable sendEvents="no"><name>A_ARG_TYPE_PresetName</name><dataType>string</dataType><allowedValueList><allowedValue>FactoryDefaults</allowedValue></allowedValueList></stateVariable></serviceStateTable></scpd>

gcoupe

Terrific!

One suggestion for a future version: could the discovered DMR devices also be listed in the DLNA section as well as in the Active Connections section? At the moment the DLNA section just has one purpose: to set or clear the enable DLNA PlayTo feature, and it seems a bit empty in there...