3.2.70 Freenas DVB-S2 Tuner not detected

rodger.howard

rodger.howard

Hi. After successfully updating the Freenas plug-in to 3.2.70 I was hoping my Hauppauge 01461 Starburst HD (which reportedly uses BDA drivers) tuner was not detected.  I have Next PVR (3.1.8.0) which lists the tuner as a supported device however it is also not seen. There are no options to manually add the tuner - only HomeRun, M3U and "Other".

Any thoughts?

Hauppauge seems to support Ubuntu (not sure about FreeBSD / Freenas).  Being a European resident I am stuck with some kind of DVB-S2 tuner type ... if you know of one that works I can swap out the card ... this is not a major investment.

Thanks!

5a81ac305d4a8_Screenshotfrom201802121554

You would have to use next pvr or another of the live TV plugins. We support hauppauge directly on windows with any plugins, but not yet on Linux or freebsd. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
rodger.howard

Thank you.  Next PVR did not recognize the Hauppauge tuner no mater what I tried - nor did DVB Viewer, DVB Link, TVHeadEnd, VU+ ... tried a USB tuner (Terratec Cinergy S2) which was recognized at least by DVBViewer.

As can be seen from the screen shot the system still believes no tuners are present.

5a8d3338b58fa_Screenshotfrom201802210951

It finds channels but posts no guide data and none of the channels every play.  I see a mixture of free-to-air (FTA) and scrambled (premium) channels but am using only the FTA channels to test with.

5a8d353b48713_Screenshotfrom201802210955

In this situation dvbviewer is responsible for guide data so you need to get it working there and then refresh the guide in emby.