[SOLVED] Trakt plugin won't let me sync my library (unauthorized)

Pankookis

payboss

Hi All,

Having the exact same issue. This is my first Emby server setup so was not sure whether this was something i was doing wrong. Like the primary post says I can retrieve a token request code but when running the script it will not communicate via the trakt API and add it to my authorised trakt app list.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Rick

Animosity022

Same issue and same issue you with other media servers so not just emby.

I think you mean plex trakt scrobbler? That's down because the auth server they use as part of the plugin is offline. Try radarr or something else and it works fine. The emby plugin makes a direct call to to trakt passing an auth token and isn't working. They are looking at that, but not related to the plex trakt scrobbler.

digger11

We're looking into this, thanks guys.

Hi @@Luke,  any progress?  I'm assuming there's no problem reproducing this, but if there is I can provide additional logs or access to a server where it is failing.

Animosity022

Hmm. I'm not sure if something changed, I was able to authenticate a few minutes ago. I can see the app registered in trakt and syncing properly now. I believe in magic :)

digger11

Seems to be working again!  Since nothing appears to have changed on the Emby end, I'm assuming the issue was with Trakt's authentication server or authentication mechanism.

Animosity022

Seems to be working again!  Since nothing appears to have changed on the Emby end, I'm assuming the issue was with Trakt's authentication server or authentication mechanism.

Doesn't seem that way. I tried Radarr and that worked fine. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. And no, we didn't do anything to resolve this.

• 2 months later...
skuuup

Same thing happened to me. 

Trakt.xml was the culprit

To fox the issue I needed to stop Emby server > delete Trakt.xml >  start Emby > generate a new PIN > save

Please fix this issue

An update to the trakt plugin went out today so hopefully you won't need to do it again.

• Like 1