FR - Server, Windows 8.1 app, Windows phone app - Audiobooks and playlists

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

I am a big audio book person and buy new and used audio books on cd and rip them to iTunes to play back in playlists along side podcasts. I would really like it if MB supported audiobooks and playlists. And if I could download them to the windows phone and windows 8.1 app then I would not have to deal with any iTunes anymore. the only reason I still use iTunes is it has great support for audio books and I can place them in playlists with the podcasts I listen to.

Just an idea: audiobooks and podcasts are very similar maybe they be grouped together in some spoken word group?

Thanks

-Lee

• Like 8

• 8 months later...

It's an old request but it's something that I would like to see also.

Audio books would be a great addition.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
thefirstofthe300

Ditto.  I am just starting to get into audiobooks and it would be a great feature to see.  If app support for auto-resume could be added, it would end the need to have two audiobook apps on my phone (Downpour and Listen Audiobook Player).

• 10 months later...

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !