How do you delete tv episodes?

rigo8582

rigo8582

In the new version of emby theater how do you delete episodes from TV shows? Whenever I select an episode it plays it from the beginning. There is no option to resume or delete it.

FrostByte

Episodes which can be resumed show up in TV Suggestions and also when you back out to the Home Screen it should be under TV Shows

Edited by FrostByte

• 8 months later...
jbirmingham40

How do you get to the details?  When I click on the episode it automatically plays.  If I click the back button it goes back to the list of episodes.  I can't find a way to get to the details.

jbirmingham40

I actually could not find a place that would allow me to delete it.  A links see to take me back to the same place which only has the option of playing it.  Regardless I would prefer to be able to delete it when I am done watching the episode like I can do in the web app and the iOS app.  How do I request this new feature?  Thanks.

I actually could not find a place that would allow me to delete it.  A links see to take me back to the same place which only has the option of playing it.  Regardless I would prefer to be able to delete it when I am done watching the episode like I can do in the web app and the iOS app.  How do I request this new feature?  Thanks.

Hi, what version of the app are you running?

jbirmingham40

That would be great if that were true.  Unfortunately I cannot get those options to appear.  Below are screen captures from the Web app which works, the iOS app which works, and the Samsung Tizen app which is missing the delete options.

Web - Series View – has delete option

5be49704d3126_1.png

Web – Season View – has delete option

5be4972a4aab5_2.png

Web – Season View – Clicking on … next to a specific show - has delete option

5be4974bd4d14_3.png

iOS - Series View – has delete option

5be4975fd6936_image1.png

iOS – Season View – has delete option

5be49773b0ac0_image2.png

iOS – Season View – Clicking on … next to a specific show - has delete option

5be497861b56b_image3.png

Sansung Smart TV - Series View – NO delete delete option

5be497b76ba40_4.png

Samsung Smart TV – Season View – NO delete option

Samsung Smart TV – Show View – NO options at all, only thing you can do is select it which causes it to play

5be497d825cc1_5.png

Ok yes that's correct, that's because the season view just plays directly instead of taking you to the episode detail screen. This is to avoid extra clicks to play. But if you access an episode from say, the home screen, that will take you there.

jbirmingham40

I don't access my shows from the home screen.  I tend to go to the TV Shows folder, click the show, click the season, and then the episode.  Can delete be added to these screens in the future?  Thanks.

• 3 months later...
drosene

This is a serious deficiency. The episode list within a season should allow the same control options accessible from other views. The default can certainly be play. The alternative is doing triage from outside the app! One control that seems to be missing entirely is something similar to "Save this episode".

The current Theater app on windows only displays all the desirable options in the "latest recordings" view of the episode. While it is desirable to have a relatively clean view of episodes when in the season view. The information displayed should also include date recorded which is certainly more valuable than the "time ended"

Edited by drosene