Suggestion about "Recently Played" and "Frequently Played" in music section

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

"Recently Played" should display the songs that were played from start to finish, not when hit play and stop immediately or anywhere before they finish to play.

"Frequently Played" should display songs that have been played more than once, currently any song played appears there regardless of the rule.

Thank you.

Recently played displays songs in the order they were played.

Frequently played displays songs in the order of the number of times they have been played.

Richard Branches

"Recently played displays songs in the order they were played."

I know but it's not about that, what I'm saying is a song can't be considered as played if I start it and stop it immediately, it should take into account only when they are played completely.

"Frequently played displays songs in the order of the number of times they have been played."

I understand, but playing a song only once shouldn't be considered as a song that I listen frequently.

I understand, but playing a song only once shouldn't be considered as a song that I listen frequently.

But won't this be a complete non-issue once you have played songs for a little while?

Richard Branches

But won't this be a complete non-issue once you have played songs for a little while?

I'm just trying to take into context the meaning of the word "frequently", which means when something is repeated more than "once"...

Richard Branches

Taking as an example the 20.000 songs that you or the other person said on the other post, the songs that should appear will be those the user listen frequently, obviously more than once, I suppose that will help to avoid clutter that list with songs that played only once after a very long time...

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Branches

I recently played a Sean Paul album for the first time in the whole music library, the songs appear in the "Recently Played" list and "Frequently Played" list, the former appears correctly, the latter appears incorrectly because the songs were played only "once", so it should be empty:

5a8c79b161567_ejemplo1.png

The correct way to display the "Frequently Played" list is when a particular song was played "more than once", like this:

5a8c7a570007f_ejemplo2.png

I hope you take into account my suggestion. Thank you.

Richard Branches

Try playing other songs and then you will see the list change.

It doesn't change, that's why I removed my music library and created a new one in order to take those screenshots, now I played another song and it was added to the frequently played list when played for the first while everything else remains the same as seen on this screenshot:

5a8c91136a672_ejemplo3.png

Then I repeated the same song and it was added to the top of the list, while everything else remains the same:

5a8c9159de635_ejemplo4.png

The idea is to hide songs with a played count equal to 1 and display only those with a played count equal or higher than 2 (>= 2) or a value the user decides, this is how it should look:

5a8c921183af2_ejemplo5.png

Edited by delacosta78