Failure to play

crangus

With the most recent Android update broke playback on my phone, I have audio but no picture. Android 5.0.1 reinstalled older version and it works fine again.

kanipek

With the most recent Android update broke playback on my phone, I have audio but no picture. Android 5.0.1 reinstalled older version and it works fine again.

I am seeing the same behavior on my Samsung Note 3.

I believe the app version is 3.8.34, Server is 3.2.70.10

The log is a large one. Sorry can't restart at the moment. Look between 650pm and 715pm and around 830pm Eastern time.

server-63653693856.txt

I have the same issue. I tried on a freinds' Samsung and have audio but not video but on my LG G3 I have audio but a messed up picture like an old style TV that's slightly off channel. Meaning wavy vertical picture lines. My server does not have transcoding enable, which is the most stupid feature of Emby.

Edited by Jay99

• 8 months later...
kanipek

Hate to resurrect an old thread....

I had been getting along running Android version 2.9.76 since I began seeing this issue several months back. 

The issue is - No video, good audio using latest version of Emby for Android.

I was very happy running the old version but something has changed as I can only scroll left-right now. Top to bottom does not work. I tried clearing cache/data uninstalling and reinstalling, no change with 2.9.76.

The latest version (didn't get the version) still gives me the no video, good audio but scrolling works in all directions.

This is a Samsung Note 3(SM-900T) - Running Android 5.0

Any chance of getting this resolved? To be clear I mean the no video, good audio issue in the latest version, not the scrolling issue in 2.9.76

Thanks!

Edited by kanipek

kanipek

Please try the next update to the app. Thanks,

Is that up now? or is there a beta?

Edit>> Found the beta.

Edited by kanipek

kanipek

Please try the next update to the app. Thanks,

Release notes are out of date.

After joining the beta -- v3.0.21 is what I get.

v3.0.21 exhibits the same issue -- no video, good audio. Did a little further testing - Live TV good audio, video - I don't know how to describe it, scrambled picture - maybe no sync? -- multiple "sparkley" lines from top to bottom.

No transcode/ffmpeg logs get generated. I don't know if the server log helps.

I tried to submit feedback....@324pm Eastern 10/31/18 don't know if that worked.

embyserver.txt

• 2 months later...
kanipek

Touching base on this again.

My mobile version says 3.0.31 - still no video displayed but good audio.

This is Android 5 - I am using a different device than previous. Samsung Note 3 SM-900T

Also the metadata manager is only showing me "media folders" which has nothing inside it

and Live TV which shows me a channel list

If it isn't going to be supported going forward that is fine, but if it is then the problem still exists.

kanipek

I suppose we could try a build with hardware acceleration disabled and see if that helps.

That would be great!

• 3 weeks later...
kanipek

I suppose we could try a build with hardware acceleration disabled and see if that helps.

It would be really helpful if the latest release notes/change log were updated. It has been ages.

I got an update yesterday - v3.0.34

Did not resolve the issue.

Was this hardware acceleration change implemented?

Edit>> I did find the notes in the play store regarding resolving playback issues on older devices - I don't see an option to enable or disable HWA, don't know if this is something done with auto detect or if something is missing

Edited by kanipek