Asking to remove episode after add.

wollabille

wollabille

Dear community.

I have now experienced this quite some times now, and i have only found one solution to solve this.

First the error:

When ever i add new movie/episode files (bear in mind this doesnt happen every time, its quite random) i get a message where "The file no longer is available" and if i would like to remove it!?

I have attached a Screenshot with the error.

The only way i have encountered to solve this is to reboot my NUC.

I use a NUC with windows 7 and using Kodi v17.6

post-86262-0-86836700-1518020391_thumb.jpg

wollabille

Check your paths. Kodi is saying it can't find your files at that location.

The path is 100% correct.. As i write. It is solvable with a restart.. And this is something that happens X amount of times with new files...

Angelblue05

So, then the issue is not the add-on. What if you go to the home screen and re-enter the listing, does that fix it? Sounds like a caching issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wollabille

So, then the issue is not the add-on. What if you go to the home screen and re-enter the listing, does that fix it? Sounds like a caching issue.

Could you guide me to where you mean? About re-enter the listing? 

Caching issue sounds plausible true.. 

Angelblue05

Yeah, in Kodi, when this happens, return to your home screen. Then reenter your library, going back to the file you want to play. Are you able to play the content then?

Edited by Angelblue05

wollabille

Yeah, in Kodi, when this happens, return to your home screen. Then reenter your library, going back to the file you want to play. Are you able to play the content then?

Nope that doesnt help.. Only a reboot of the pc/NUC helps.

Angelblue05

Can you provide your Kodi log, with debug enabled. Please let me know the file name you tried to play and got the error on. It's not an add-on issue, I'll try to help best I can but you'll probably have to ask on the official Kodi forums for help as this is not related to Emby. The entry is there, the path is correct. That's the extent of the add-on's involvement.

Edited by Angelblue05

wollabille

Here is the log.. I hope i have done it correctly.

I got 5 new episodes of different series. And when playing them, they played correctly ofc! 

kodi.log

Edited by wollabille

Angelblue05

So you could not produce the issue? What filename please. Debug logs are pretty detailed.

wollabille

So you could not produce the issue? What filename please. Debug logs are pretty detailed.

The last file it did it with was the following : Lucifer.S03E13.Til.Death.Do.Us.Part.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv

Edited by wollabille

Angelblue05

Unfortunately Kodi doesn't give anything away apparently. Did you try using nfs over default smb? Is that a possibility for you? It really feels like a timing/caching issue. Could be caused by using Samba, but at this point it's really speculation.