TV and recorded TV thumbnail variable size

capitaineflam25

capitaineflam25

Hi,

the thumbnails on the TV section are large when there is no image and small when there is an image (See attached picture).

Would it be better to have the same size for any situation ? maybe large thumbnails are better cause it's difficult to read the program name on the small ones.

On the recording screens we can see that the scheduled recording have small thumbs and last recording large thumbnails.
I still prefer the large ones which are more "readable"

(On iOS or Emby Server browser the concerned thumbnails are all "smalls" but it's OK since the font is smaller making it possible to read the whole program name)

post-280061-0-30800100-1517995552_thumb.png

post-280061-0-24394900-1517995623_thumb.png

Edited by capitaineflam25

I believe this is related to the actual images being provided by the guide data.  The app prefers thumbs (the wide version) for live TV but, if the guide data doesn't have them, it will fall back to posters.

capitaineflam25

Would it make sense to have an enhanced behaviour that would say : if there is no image for the guide program fallback to the channel logo ?

With this behaviour there won’t be anymore large thumbnails mixed up, plus it gives you an interesting information.

capitaineflam25

Thinking more about it, i think this is not relevant for the situation : it would be nicer and more consistent if everything concerning TV Guide was shown in large thumbnails, like it is on the "Currently on" screen (See photo)

post-280061-0-24807200-1518037077_thumb.png

What is the source of your guide data?  These screens already prefer thumbs but, for items like movies, it will use posters.

What are the items that are showing with the poster size/shape?  It looks like the data is telling us they are movies.

capitaineflam25

It seems that any program that has no image is displayed as poster size.

Here is an example of a program with no image that you can see on a previous picture.

The movie category on the EPG parameters is set to its default value "movie" so this program should not be considered as a movie.

<programme start="20180207084500 +0100" stop="20180207093000 +0100" channel="FranceO.fr">
    <title>Les choix de l'amour</title>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.78.</episode-num>
<desc lang="fr">Dans la ville de Agua Azul vit Montserrat Mendoza, jeune fille de la bonne société dont la famille est ruinée. Elle tombe amoureuse de José Luis, un jeune marin pauvre. Or, elle était fiancée au riche Sebastian qui revient de Londres où il faisait ses études et, découvrant la relation de Montserrat et José Luis, rompt ses fiancailles. Par ailleurs, Alejandro qui est un simple péon, voit sa vie basculer quand son patron mourant, le riche Benjamin Almonte, lui révèle qu'il est son héritier. Très perturbé par cette nouvelle, Alejandro part vers la plage en pleine nuit. là, Montserrat croit que c'est José Luis qui la rejointet l'embrasse</desc>
<category lang="fr">Feuilleton</category>
    <icon src="" />
	    <rating system="CSA">
      <value>Tout public</value>
    </rating>
 </programme>

It seems that any program that has no image is displayed as poster size.

Here is an example of a program with no image that you can see on a previous picture.

The movie category on the EPG parameters is set to its default value "movie" so this program should not be considered as a movie.

<programme start="20180207084500 +0100" stop="20180207093000 +0100" channel="FranceO.fr">
    <title>Les choix de l'amour</title>
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.78.</episode-num>
<desc lang="fr">Dans la ville de Agua Azul vit Montserrat Mendoza, jeune fille de la bonne société dont la famille est ruinée. Elle tombe amoureuse de José Luis, un jeune marin pauvre. Or, elle était fiancée au riche Sebastian qui revient de Londres où il faisait ses études et, découvrant la relation de Montserrat et José Luis, rompt ses fiancailles. Par ailleurs, Alejandro qui est un simple péon, voit sa vie basculer quand son patron mourant, le riche Benjamin Almonte, lui révèle qu'il est son héritier. Très perturbé par cette nouvelle, Alejandro part vers la plage en pleine nuit. là, Montserrat croit que c'est José Luis qui la rejointet l'embrasse</desc>
<category lang="fr">Feuilleton</category>
    <icon src="" />
	    <rating system="CSA">
    </rating>
 </programme>

Hi.  That one isn't displayed as a poster.  It is displayed at the thumb size (in your image above) which I would expect because that would be our default without any other information.

capitaineflam25

Sorry. I invert "poster" and "thumb" in my mind -_-

Here is one that is displayed verticaly with an image :

<programme start="20180207084500 +0100" stop="20180207091500 +0100" channel="France3Alpes.fr">
    <title>Cap Sud-Ouest</title>
<desc lang="fr">Découverte d'un site remarquable du grand Sud-Ouest, du Poitou-Charentes au Languedoc-Roussillon et de l'Aquitaine au Limousin, en passant par le Midi-Pyrénées.
Présentateur vedette : Eric Perrin
</desc>
<category lang="fr">Magazine de découvertes</category>
    <icon src="http://television.telerama.fr/sites/tr_master/files/sheet_media/media/169_COL_803659.jpg" />
	    <rating system="CSA">
    </rating>
 </programme>

capitaineflam25

Is it possible to edit info or images for a TV program ?

According to this capture those options are not available.

In the channel page i can do that, that's where i updated my channels logo.

post-280061-0-94571500-1518115407_thumb.png

I don't think it makes any sense given that the guide is going to be changing every day. are you really going to do that over and over?

I don't think it makes any sense given that the guide is going to be changing every day. are you really going to do that over and over?

I was just trying to find out what Emby thought these items were and what images were associated with them.

• 3 weeks later...
capitaineflam25

I'm digging out this subject.

If you think landscape mode for thumbnails is not appropriate for the Home "On now" widget, it would be nice to crop the images and limit the width of posters with no images like it is on Emby Server (see attached picture)

post-280061-0-44899300-1519830497_thumb.png

I'm digging out this subject.

If you think landscape mode for thumbnails is not appropriate for the Home "On now" widget, it would be nice to crop the images and limit the width of posters with no images like it is on Emby Server (see attached picture)

Okay, I'll try that.

capitaineflam25

The result is very good for the posters ! thanks !

Do you confirm there is still no width constrain for the programms without images ?

post-280061-0-13191700-1519888680_thumb.jpeg

capitaineflam25

By the way, i don't know if the order of these channels is defined by the server or by the app but i may be interesting to order it by channel number.

Embuary is displaying channel in this order and it is way more useable (See capture)

(There is an existing post i opened about this subject)

post-280061-0-31809500-1519910604_thumb.png

Do you confirm there is still no width constrain for the programms without images ?

If they are displaying that way, then it means we don't have proper information on the image.

By the way, i don't know if the order of these channels is defined by the server or by the app but i may be interesting to order it by channel number.

Embuary is displaying channel in this order and it is way more useable (See capture)

(There is an existing post i opened about this subject)

We are planning on making that row observe the channel order you set in the guide.