Emby Crashing when deleting movie

linds1234
Go to solution Solved by linds1234,

linds1234

Hi @@Angelblue05,

When I go to "Emby options" and choose "delete item from server", the function doesn't work as expected.

In the past after selecting the option, after a couple of seconds the item would just disappear as per normal.

Now what happens, from the client perspective is the item doesn't get removed and after a couple of seconds the Emby add-on shows the server "welcome" log on info box. The item will only be removed after a manual sync through the Emby add-on.

Looking on the server end, the delete function itself has worked as the file is gone, but it seems to be causing the Emby server to crash in the process, strange.

Lines 298-333 of this log from Kodi show the attempted delete action from the client end.

On the server end, at around the same time, this log shows the server instance itself crashing, which might be due to trying to fetch the backdrop image of the same movie that has been deleted?

Not sure if this is the fault of the Emby add-on, server or the skin?

I'm running:

LibreElec 8.2.3

Skin: Titan

Emby Addon: latest "stable" one, not the beta.

Thank you,

Lindsay

Angelblue05

Looking into it. Thanks.

Edit: Nope, no issues in the add-on. It works fine here. I'd say, try doing the same via web client. Does it crash your server?

Edited by Angelblue05

linds1234

Hi @@Angelblue05,

Thanks for looking into it.

I just tried deleting via the web client, works no problems.

I have a feeling it might actually be an issue with the Titan skin. After the movie is deleted, I think the skin might still be trying to refresh the back-drop of the same movie on the media library view page. It sends the request to the Emby server and instead of rejecting it gracefully, it gets all upset and throws an exception. I'll experiment with setting a static backdrop on the media library page and another skin and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Are you able to see anything in the server log (in op) that would explain why this is happening? Would calling the backdrop of a deleted item cause the server to crash?

@@linds1234

Let us know what happens then.

• Solution
linds1234

Hi @@Angelblue05,

Looks like the issue is between the Titan skin and the Emby server.

If I disable "fanart background" from the media library view, the items delete all OK without crashing. With "fanart background" enabled, it will replace the wall background with the fanart of the specific movie when it's selected. So with the movie selected, the skin must still try to pull the background image from a non-existent location on the server as it's recently been deleted.

So I'll just leave the feature disabled, nice to have but not the end of the world with it disabled.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for the information! So, this issue must be happening between the time it is deleted and the server tells the add-on to delete x. When content is deleted in Kodi, their artwork are also deleted, so Titan would not see them. Is it something that happens everytime or was it a one off thing?