Error App: Error resolving path

Jorpd
Go to solution Solved by Spooky83,

Hi,

A few of my movie library paths are no longer being picked up.

The permissions are identical to the ones that are accessible via emby and an ls shows all of my media.

These are encfs mounts that are decrypting a plexdrive mount.

I've made no config changes at all, just woke up to a few hundred movies less in my collection following a restart and rescan.

I noticed a few lines stating Error App: Error resolving path, which seem to be in line with the problematic directories.

Any ideas why Emby doesn't like these paths all of a sudden?

server.txt

Edited by Jorpd

dcrdev

It's complaining that the path:

/home/emby/acd-sorted-movies3

Has invalid characters, which is strange because it doesn't.

Have you checked for any rogue spaces at the end of the mountpoint and/or the path in Emby itself?

5a7ae96f79ff5_movies3emby.png

5a7ae9f20d427_movies3cli.png

There wouldn't seem to be any. I've made no changes whatsoever to mount points, these have been running fine for a long time. Only now am I seeing issues. All I've changed recently are installing emby using the new non-repo method and made sure emby is running as a user that can read these folders. Permissions are all the same as you can see, why it isn't reading a few directories is beyond me.

I'm tempted to unmount, recreate the mount point then run my mount script again. If somebody has anything else to offer before then I'm happy to try whatever.

mastrmind11

It's also throwing that error for movies4 as well as a couple of mounts under /mnt, so that rules out any issue w/ fuse.  I also do not see any illegal characters in the path in the logs, but a path is usually the full path including the filename.  I assume there are some files w/ illegal characters but since the actual filename is not logged w/ the error it's impossible to know which file it's failing on.

One thing that might confirm this assumption is whether there are files from either of those acd mounts that still exist in the library after the scan?  That would rule out a complete mountpoint path issue and can then confirm something changed irt either your filenames or how filenames are handled.

So far, I've not found any movies from movies3 or movies4 in the library. Also, based on the amount of movies missing from my library this seems to suggest I'm not going to find any if I keep looking.

When selecting these paths in the 'manage folders' section of the movies library, emby doesn't appear to be able to list the contents as it does for other folders in that library.

I'd rule out recent additions to movies3 and movies4 being the issue, as I only add newer movies to movies11. So I'm assuming it's not a filename issue as there's not been any new ones added for it to complain about.

It's also throwing that error for movies4 as well as a couple of mounts under /mnt, so that rules out any issue w/ fuse

There is a sshfs mount under /mnt - perhaps it is a fuse issue then? Though, all of the moviesX folders are fuse mounts, so we're not seeing it across the board.

mastrmind11

yeah I'm at a loss on this one.  Can you actually browse the failing mounts from the cli?

dcrdev

Are the mounts that are failing cifs?

Just thinking maybe it's something to do with the mangled names feature in samba - that tries to (mostly unsuccessfully) maintain compatible file names between windows and unix clients.

Other than that really have no idea... could you maybe provide an example directory listing of something that's not being picked up? Also maybe the mount options that you are specifying. 

mastrmind11

Are the mounts that are failing cifs?

Just thinking maybe it's something to do with the mangled names feature in samba - that tries to (mostly unsuccessfully) maintain compatible file names between windows and unix clients.

Other than that really have no idea... could you maybe provide an example directory listing of something that's not being picked up? Also maybe the mount options that you are specifying. 

they're underlying fuse mounts - some kind of hybrid efs and acs mount point.  which is why I tagged Luke and Eric to see if some underlying file mamangement code has changed.

could you maybe provide an example directory listing of something that's not being picked up? Also maybe the mount options that you are specifying. 

Here's how I mount

screen -d -m -S plexdrive /opt/plexdrive mount -o allow_other -v 3 /home/emby/.acd-sorted
#
sleep 15
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/lXa98EFP4Xjpnu0OsN4hSl9j /home/emby/acd-sorted-hqmovies
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/ZoF5CHo4Td-,nopz1s8pvSzi /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies0
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/g5Kk0sbXh2A3hkQGNXNFhsZr /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies1
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/kUUU-o-gr4bhaOOD1hxRjru, /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies2
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/3gwPQwgcMKoRCflA6ygd5o14 /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies3
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/JGzn3ov-BWhtWY1mseh1bpfw /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies4
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/aQxJY8by9rcLp68KXLykoA1o /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies5
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/YK41wn38sou77lB0szjz2yP0 /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies6
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/VAXqdBtTFKJLLksmdZGZ5g0a /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies7
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/Ey,WeePePl5FjBNVYhbbXQY9 /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies8
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/mU6d8mkUmyaPlmzc3QfMNira /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies9
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/pm5eCFTO6vT5zrnhCW0aW-DCTUKDSAtCfhmvPmrPnri2p1 /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies10
ENCFS6_CONFIG='/home/jorpd/encfs.xml' encfs --public --extpass="cat /home/jorpd/encfspass" /home/emby/.acd-sorted/UnionFS/cNR7isZ0reGn7Xe15P0TU3Jy /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies11

I've attached listings of /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies2 /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies3 and /home/emby/acd-sorted-movies4 in that order. (2 is being picked up, 3 and 4 aren't)

Not sure why formatting is a bit weird from the putty output, but here's a brief example of how movies3 is looking pasted from the cli:

drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jun  7  2017 10 Things I Hate About You (1999) [1080p] [DTS] [PG-13]/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jun  7  2017 (500) Days of Summer (2009) [1080p] [DTS] [PG-13]/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jun  7  2017 Action Jackson (1988) [720p] [R] [voted 5.2] [Comedy-Action]/

movies23and4.txt

Edited by Jorpd

Spooky83

Ok, this is odd, I have exactly the same issue, but I'm using the latest stable docker with unRAID. I tested the path and there is no space or any other possibly invalid charcter in there.

It's very possible that the issue is permissions and it's just a generic error message coming from the .net core runtime.

• Solution
Spooky83

Actually, after further investigation, I've found the issue in my setup. There was one file inside the folder, that had a german "umlaut" in it's name. After I changed that from console everything seems to work again.

The strange thing though is that other files with these characters do not cause a similar problem. As a german I have lots of files including them. My best guess is, that it depends on where the file was renamed, a windows or a linux machine.

• Like 1