Ceton ETH (6 Tuner) - Support Planned, What Platform Might it Work With?

kennedy101

kennedy101

Any chance Emby will ever support this device? Since I'm posting I might as well ask another Windows Media Center question concerning the same  Ceton ETH tuner. I was surprised to find that Windows 7 Media Center also isn't detecting the device.

Shame on me for not reading the forums before purchasing this device. My intention was to add more tuners and avoid the additional cable card expense --- and return the HD Homerun Prime that's only 8 days old. Needless to say I'm thinking that was a bad idea!

Help with these two questions would be appreciated

1) Any chance Emby will ever support Ceton ETH (Current firmware on device 15.1.13.152  -  Tuesday, 13. January 2015)?

2) Anyone ever use this device successfully and if so with what software?

Oh -- and anyone want to buy a used Ceton ETH?

mediacowboy

Don't hold your breath on ceton as I believe they went out of business. I know silicondust is supposed to release a 6 tuner in q2 or q3. Don't hold your breath on that either as they said that back in 2015.

arrbee99

Dumb question, as I know zero about Ceton thingies, but have you tried using a plugin. Maybe install NextPVR app and see if it works with the Ceton. If it does, then install the NextPVR plugin in Emby and see if it'll work there.

• Like 1