Auto Organize Question

daniel.bmyer

daniel.bmyer

I'm running Emby Server on my unraid server.  I installed the auto organizer plugin but not sure if it's what I want.

I download movies to a folder called Completed on my server.  I have another drive that has a folder on it with my tv series names

\The Flash

\Black LIgtening

etc

I'm looking for something that will monitor my completed folder and copy the downloaded file to the appropriate folder.

For ex the completed file name is

The.Flash.2014.S04E12.Honey,.I.Shrunk.Team.Flash.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-ViSUM

and I would like it copied to the folder 

The Flash (2014)

In looking at Auto Organize I see I have the option to monitor a specified folder but I don't see where to indicate where to copy the file to.  Does the plugin automatically try to find the folder based on the folders in my libraries?

I'm running Emby Server on my unraid server. I installed the auto organizer plugin but not sure if it's what I want.

I download movies to a folder called Completed on my server. I have another drive that has a folder on it with my tv series names

\The Flash

\Black LIgtening

etc

I'm looking for something that will monitor my completed folder and copy the downloaded file to the appropriate folder.

The.Flash.2014.S04E12.Honey,.I.Shrunk.Team.Flash.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD+5.1.H.264-ViSUM

The Flash (2014)

In looking at Auto Organize I see I have the option to monitor a specified folder but I don't see where to indicate where to copy the file to. Does the plugin automatically try to find the folder based on the folders in my libraries?

AFAIK it only works with TV shows. Sometimes you may need to setup a manual filter to let it know what the show is. It's been a while since I used it as I use Media Centre Master to organize all my media. I'm sure there are various options for doing it though.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I only want it for my tv shows.

Shouldn't have any problems. In the server dashboard there's a log which shows you what is being processed.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
hstamas

I'm running Emby Server on my unraid server.  I installed the auto organizer plugin but not sure if it's what I want.

I download movies to a folder called Completed on my server.  I have another drive that has a folder on it with my tv series names

\The Flash

\Black LIgtening

etc

The Flash (2014)

In looking at Auto Organize I see I have the option to monitor a specified folder but I don't see where to indicate where to copy the file to.  Does the plugin automatically try to find the folder based on the folders in my libraries?

Did you ever get your question answered @@daniel.bmyer? Im looking into starting to use the Auto Organize feature but there is very little info available as to how it actually works or how to set up. If what info Ive found so far is correct you need to have a series already in place inside of Emby for Auto Organize to know where to put the files that are deposited into the watched folder.

Yes that's correct, although i think newer versions allow you to manually organize a file to a new series but I'm not quite sure.

Please keep in mind the AutoOrganize plugin is a community addition and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

Thanks !

daniel.bmyer

The Auto Organize works well.  The TV Series has to exist in your library.  As long as it does, it copies the file into the appropriate folder and renames the file.  If I download a series that's new and doesn't exist in my library, I first create a folder with the series name in the folder where I keep all my tv shows.  It will then create a TV Series into the library and then once the show is downloaded, auto organize will find it and copy to the appropriate folder.  All works well.

hstamas

@@Luke I was hoping you could help me get my specific situation figured out.

Want to have my libraries broken out into "Kids Shows" - "Home & Garden" - etc. for my wife and kids. Most of their stuff is recorded TV. I use Emby to record these shows but since the DVR feature just puts all recordings into one central location I was  hoping I could use Auto Organize to move these shows into library specific folders.

What Ive done so far was move all my kids shows into a folder called "Kids" and let Emby scan it. Works fine, I now have a library called "Kids". What I did next was point my default DVR recording location to a folder that is not part of Emby's libraries thinking that it would just record them and leave them there. I then pointed Auto Organize to that same folder hoping that it would see these recordings and move the them into their rightful place inside of the "Kids" library.

What's happening is that Emby is in fact "watching" that recorded TV folder so Auto Organize isnt working since you cant have Auto Organize watch a folder that is part of Emby.

Any advice on what I can do here? Does nobody who uses Emby to record TV shows further organize their show into library specific folders?

UPDATE: Just in case anyone is using my experience for their own uses I think I figured out how to accomplish what Im trying to do above. When you add your recording location in the DVR section of the server setup it automatically creates a "recorded TV" library. Just delete this library so Emby doesnt monitor it any longer and Auto Organize will then be able to use it as a watched folder and move things around accordingly.

UPDATE #2: Spoke too soon. As soon as another recording starts that "recordings" library is recreated which stops Auto Organize from doing its thing. Any ideas Luke?

Edited by hstamas

What i think we should do is update the dvr to be able to save into an existing series folder, if that series already exists elsewhere in your library.

Would this solve your requirement? Then you just go into your kids tv library, create the Paw Patrol series, the dvr will see that you have the series there and use that instead of the central location.

hstamas

What i think we should do is update the dvr to be able to save into an existing series folder, if that series already exists elsewhere in your library.

Would this solve your requirement? Then you just go into your kids tv library, create the Paw Patrol series, the dvr will see that you have the series there and use that instead of the central location.

That would solve things perfectly! Any idea how big an undertaking that would be on your end? I’m right in the middle of setting up a new storage device and would love to be able to redo my folder structure to accommodate this while I’m at it.

Edited by hstamas

• 1 month later...

Just don't make this mandatory as some of us prefer to have a separate recording area.  This allows us to use MCEBuddy and other 3rd party tools to monitor and script our processing to deinterlace, cut commercials, rename, convert to H.264 or H.265, etc

I have a bunch of series that never match correctly to the proper library so it records all episodes if I don't kill the recording schedule.  I wouldn't want these overwritten by the wrong episode.

What is suggested here is how Plex saves recordings and it can be a pain on large systems to use 3rd party tools as it has to scan large libraries to find new content to process.  It also allows mpeg2 files in libraries that we may not want there until processed and converted to something more stream-able. :)

Options are good, but please leave the current saving method in place as an option.

• Like 1

The auto organise is one of the best parts of emby.

On the few times it has broken in beta releases, I have only waited a day before going back to standard non beta emby until it was fixed.

I like the system to just take care of itself, i.e without this plugin, I would be doing daily work - or have to move back to the windows media center master - but as I am on unraid/linux now, that would mean having a windows PC on all the time again.

Auto-organize is not really a feature of Emby, it is a community contributed plugin.

It is the best plugin I feel and serves a fine purpose I cant live without.

Personally, I would prefer it higher on the emby dashboard so I dont have to scroll down to it..... under the server section with your 'own' direct plugins (under open subtitles for example).

I would also like to have a one button click from the same console to run a scheduled task (specifically scheduled tasks, scan media library).  

Those two things are the things I have to click on the most.  Nitpicking I know....... 

I'm not sure, have you checked the settings it has?

Seems like there is an option added for this since I've last used it.

%fn should keep the original filename, I'll play a bit with the latest version to see how it works now :)

I've been testing this last weekend and the auto organize works very well. Even the experimental setting for creating new series worked fine.
However I did not find how to make this work automatically instead of manually starting the organize.
I figured it might have something to do with real-time folder monitoring but did not find the setting for this anymore although I thought this was enabled.
Is this maybe something that is no longer supported on Synology?

I think there might be some defects created in newer versions of the plugin. Hopefully @@PoppyPop can take a look at it soon.

Please keep in mind the AutoOrganize plugin is a community addition and contributions are welcome. The source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

Thanks !

@@daedalus

daedalus

the manual sorting dialog has a checkbox at the bottom to remember this choice, tick it and the filename pattern gets linked to a series

be sure to have also this checkbox ticked -> post-143-0-00209800-1538311537_thumb.png

and check back to have the organize task scheduled to run

Edited by daedalus

Just reporting back, apparently it started working out of itself after a few days as now all episodes have been organised.
I checked the scheduled tasks as daedalus suggested and now I have an extra task which wasn't there before so I'm guessing it was only added after a restart.
Anyway, it works perfectly for tv so I guess I'll try the movie organising too!

Thanks for the help @@Luke and @@daedalus .