Allow emby to save music artist and album metadata/artwork in music folder

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi,

Let me say first. I am aware that in the past emby was able to save music artist and album metadata/artwork next to the music files in the music folder but because some of the libraries did not follow the recommended standard of:

Artist > Album > MP3

Emby had some problems with scraping the metadata into the right folders.

Now in my humble opinion, if libraries do not follow the recommended structure, than any problems related should be of concern to the owner and not the emby team. E.g. I had to spend hours reorganizing my collection as I also did not have the right structure in place making emby not work correctly.

Coming to the feature request:

Why not reinstate the code that will allow for emby to save all artist and album metadata/artwork next to the music files and have this option as a premium feature that can be switched on or off with a clear warning that the music folder structure needs to follow the recommended structure. It will make emby again the must have for management of your music collection and it will certainly have more people pay for this extra service.

Anybody who is a fan of keeping his music library nice and need, please vote up this request. ;)

ps. unfortunately, I was not able to find any music manage software free or paid that allow for this to be done standalone. MediaElch did it in the past, but the project is dead. Symphony looked great, but was given up and mycollections, well I cant get it to work correctly.

pps. Why do I want this? Well in my humble opinion, files which are related to each other should be stored together in a organized way, why otherwise do it for tv shows and movies? Having to use the music library for more than just emby, it makes it more manageable and less strain on having to download each time a lot of bits of data from the internet. Thats it. :huh:

• Like 3

xbmcgotham

What are you pointing to @@Luke? Are you afraid or wrong scraping? Emby is doing it now automated but only stores it in a general artist folder. Emby could remember each music artist folder it scans and use that location stored to push the meta data back into. I had this done for another software platform. And Emby does this for album information without issues currently. Please help me understand what to problem is for emby?

xbmcgotham

Ahh, thanks for clearing this up. Happy to have made this a feature request. :lol:

Its great to see that emby has an active developers team and interacts well with their community. Personally I think that hainge to pay for extra features is good for keeping the project going. Lots of free stuff (like mediaelch) just bleed out. Emby did well. happy to have contributed to emby. If you like me to be a tester, let me know. Most programmers that worked for me were very happy with me, I always kept them sharp. B)