Emby crashing?

tdiguy

I have had to start emby a few times often i have been forgetting to collect the logs and then forget when it happened.

This is the log from the last time i had to manually start emby.

server.txt

Edited by tdiguy

Ok,

Weird i didnt realize i had mono installed, must have been part of something else i installed, very weird that its such an old version. 

Just installed the update to 4.8.1, lets see how this goes.

So it seems to be going better i havent had to start emby since updating mono to 4.8.1

Edited by tdiguy

Well i had it crash again on me. Took a lot longer between crashes last time. I dont know why i had mono on my system and this .net build I dont think needed it so i have now removed mono. Maybe that will improve things, like i said not even sure why it was on my system.

I don't even know why i suggested updating mono, must been looking at the wrong log, but it's irrelevant if you're on the .net core version.

I don't even know why i suggested updating mono, must been looking at the wrong log, but it's irrelevant if you're on the .net core version.

Well for whatever reason the version of mono was showing up in the logs because you were correct on the version i was running. I am betting after telling people so many times that they need to stick to 4.8.1 that its virtually second nature any time you spot an incorrect mono version in the logs.

its now out of my system and i had a slew of packages that apt said were no longer needed so i had it remove those also. So far emby has not crashed today which is of course good.