Channel order

rukv

Hello, i have a m3u with channel order i like, but in emby all channels are all over the place :) it it a fix ? Its stress to put channel order manuel in m3u file:)

• 2 weeks later...

Willing to see something to allow for better channel management... with multiple tunners (some M3U and a HDHomeRun for local OTA TV) it gets messy when trying to look for a particular channel.. to the very least, I thing alowing for grouping by tunner would be very useful.

• 2 months later...
gtmnyc

is there any movement on the channel group and or management .. new to emby coming from kodi .. i have premium just trying to learn great so far 

denz

If you go to metadata manager and go to live tv select the channel and put a number in sort order it will display them in that order.

gtmnyc

Thanks a lot I'll sit down and go thru it all tomorrow.. is there any way I can link channel logos that are missing from my m3u??

Thank you again

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

You can use the emby image editor functions to upload an image for a channel.

gtmnyc

Sorry to be a pain in the ass I've tried look in is there a way to stop the numbers from the supplier showing up in the guide and make the logos bigger.. thanks again

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Ok currently there is no way to hide them but it's not a bad idea for an option for the future. thanks.

• Like 1

gtmnyc

thanks luke ... i finding it hard to start y own post so sorry for hijacking this thread.. is there a way to pull thumbs for live tv at the min i just tiles with info .. im only beginning to get the hang of this so thanks for your patients and replies

Siutsch

Ok currently there is no way to hide them but it's not a bad idea for an option for the future. thanks.

Same question I wanted to ask.

I have channels from my DBV-S2 TV Tuner (DVBLink / Synology) and most of them identically from IPTV List as an alternative (problems with SAT Tuner due to weather or so).

The channel numbers for IPTV (>40) start at the end of the DVB-S2 numbers (1-39), but in TVGuide it seems that they are sorting alphabetically, so I see both of them, mostly side by side.

So the possibility to hide them from TVGuide is a great idea.

Thanks.

Edited by Siutsch

• 3 weeks later...
maegibbons

Hi

If you add:

channel-id="2002"

to each line of your m3u file, the channel number specified will come in to the guide.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
gtmnyc

i have started changing the channel id in the m3u a lot of work but it seems to be easiest way.. but is there any way ti make the logos bigger5b1d6cab9f7af_embyguide.png

kanipek

i have started changing the channel id in the m3u a lot of work but it seems to be easiest way.. but is there any way ti make the logos bigger5b1d6cab9f7af_embyguide.png

Are your logos sourced from the m3U file? I did this -->tvg-logo="\\192.168.1.112\Software\Logos\1 Emby Final\MLB_Network.png" and pulled it from a local drive, depending on how many channels you have to deal with, this may be on option for you.

Edited by kanipek

• 1 month later...
EODCrafter

Hi

If you add:

channel-id="2002"

to each line of your m3u file, the channel number specified will come in to the guide.

Krs

Mark

Can you show a redacted example of this? I need to rearrange the guide also and get rid of all those crazy numbers but when i input channel-id="2002" it changes the channel name to that.

This is how my .m3u appears without my .ts link and login, of course...(I use VLC to create my .m3u files from my IPTV Source)

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,US: CBS Nashville
#EXTVLCOPT:network-caching=1000
Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Found it...I think. I'm testing the PVR right now cause it keeps cutting off my recordings so I need some fresh logs to report this.....I hope this works!

Found here....http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file

Added support for channel logos

From version 2.0.10.23 we support option for adding stream logo in .m3u file:

#EXTINF:0 channel-id="34" epg-id="124" tvg-name="5 канал" pay="1" channel-id="stream-name-here" tvg-logo="http://<url to image file with logo>" groups="<common group name>|<group name>" url-epg="<url to epg file in .xml format (if any) for this stream>" tvg-shift="+1",test

When used this option will add logo image in the streams list:
– in list view logo appears on the left side, before the stream name
– grid view logo appears on top of the stream name

For now from the upper example only tvg-logo option is supported, but we are working on implementing of all necessary options for EPGsupport.

EODCrafter

Note: This thread contains a lot more information on this....https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39601-naming-and-ordering-iptvm3u/

Alright, Had a chance to test this and this is the current method that works!

.m3u File Format....

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,tvg-id="1" US: CBS Nashville
http://55576.ts
#EXTINF:0,tvg-id="2" US: NBC Nashville
http://55664.ts
#EXTINF:0,tvg-id="3" US: ABC Nashville
http://55533.ts
#EXTINF:0,tvg-id="4" US: FOX Nashville
http://55695.ts

Result....(I will need to Re-Map My Guide Info and Logos...)

5b6c4462aeca5_Capture.png

Edited by EODCrafter

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
tgessendorfer

I am struggling with the channel ordering was well and have added the following to my m3u8:

tvg-id="1...110"

It seems that Emby has accepted the new channel numbers as when I click on mapping EPG the Channels now have the proper order... but...

In my Live-TV section on the Emby Media Server Dashboard the Channel list is still sorted in the "old" way, so not checkin the new channel IDs. Is the ordering and sorting somehow cached? Do I have to reset this somehow?

Running Emby Beta on Ubuntu64 btw.

My problem is also that some of my channels can't be assigned to any EPG mapping so I would like some kind of dummy entry or even no EPG shown at all. However there was some auto assignment done by Emby and now I have no chance to remove this!?

kanipek

I am struggling with the channel ordering was well and have added the following to my m3u8:

It seems that Emby has accepted the new channel numbers as when I click on mapping EPG the Channels now have the proper order... but...

In my Live-TV section on the Emby Media Server Dashboard the Channel list is still sorted in the "old" way, so not checkin the new channel IDs. Is the ordering and sorting somehow cached? Do I have to reset this somehow?

Running Emby Beta on Ubuntu64 btw.

My problem is also that some of my channels can't be assigned to any EPG mapping so I would like some kind of dummy entry or even no EPG shown at all. However there was some auto assignment done by Emby and now I have no chance to remove this!?

I think the proper way to to this is by using "channel-id="####" to add your own channel numbers, or possibly tvg-chno="####" ( I don't know if Emby supports tvg-chno=)

Your way does work, the tvg-id "tag" is for matching to guide data (as I understand it)

Just FYI

• 2 weeks later...
Netti93

If you go to metadata manager and go to live tv select the channel and put a number in sort order it will display them in that order.

I just noticed that this isn't working any longer. Sort order fields are still filled with my individual data in metadata manager but the TV Guide seems to ignore it respectively doesn't provide the possibility to choose this as sorting criterion.