Playback cutting out during stream

Lilan

I've been recently having streaming issues with Emby In the past week or so.

I've been having streams cut out after about 10 or so minutes, I never had this problem in the past. It's happened with more than one video. Sometimes the video just starts back from the beginning, other times I have to refresh to get the video to start playing again.

Server.log

Transcode.log

It just happened again. The error seems to be 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The socket has been shut down' related.

I attached another server log.

Server.log

Strange. Normally I would suggest lowering the in-app quality setting but it is already very low. Can you try setting the in-app quality setting to Auto? thanks !

Strange. Normally I would suggest lowering the in-app quality setting but it is already very low. Can you try setting the in-app quality setting to Auto? thanks !

I'll give that a shot. Where I'm at currently I'm streaming over the internet and the connection is quite slow, which is why I have manually set the quality so low.

Ok, I didn't realize you were over the internet. In that case, it is probably network related, perhaps a stall due to the bitrate. What you could do is try dropping the quality setting even lower.

Ok, I didn't realize you were over the internet. In that case, it is probably network related, perhaps a stall due to the bitrate. What you could do is try dropping the quality setting even lower.

What's strange is it was working perfectly up until about a week ago, which coincides with when I upgraded from 3.2.60.0 to 3.2.70.0. While I had had problems with buffering in the past, Emby never actually stopped working. In this case it stops working completely, and the video will never resume.