Can't access folders (new to Emby and Synology)

hollerme
Go to solution Solved by rouq,

hollerme

Hi,

I bought a Synology DS218 today and installed Emby, however I am having issues accessing folders to insert my videos, photos, etc. 

To explain while I was able to set up a media library within Synology and Emby, creating a folder to place the videos in, when trying to access that folder through my desktop (Windows user) all I see is the Synology being detected - if I click on it I am taken to the web and so am prevented from accessing a single folder on there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, are you saying you have photos and videos on your windows machine and you'd like to add them to your emby server on Synology?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi

In Windows, open a file explorer.  In the address bar enter this:  \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace the x by your synology ip address).  Example, if your synology ip is 192.168.0.10, than enter \\192.168.0.10  Windows will ask you to enter credentials.  After supplying the user/password, you should be able to see your folder.  Important, make sure that you give your user the proper permission.  On your Synology, open the control panel and go in shares and folders.  Make sure to give to your user the read/write access to the proper shares.  Also, make sure to give, at least, read access to emby user to that same shares.

Edited by rouq
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
hollerme

Hi, are you saying you have photos and videos on your windows machine and you'd like to add them to your emby server on Synology?

Hi,

Yes but fortunately thanks to rouq's post I've managed to get it fixed now (new issues have emerged though but will create a separate post for it).

hollerme

Thanks Rouq!

Hi

In Windows, open a file explorer.  In the address bar enter this:  \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace the x by your synology ip address).  Example, if your synology ip is 192.168.0.10, than enter \\192.168.0.10  Windows will ask you to enter credentials.  After supplying the user/password, you should be able to see your folder.  Important, make sure that you give your user the proper permission.  On your Synology, open the control panel and go in shares and folders.  Make sure to give to your user the read/write access to the proper shares.  Also, make sure to give, at least, read access to emby user to that same shares.