Stop Live TV thumbnail collection

kkorotev

kkorotev

No, I mis-led you. I meant the start and stop time were predetermined by my command to record a specific show or a series.  It is the only way I record any/everything.  I don't even watch live tv through Emby.  It is used specifically and only as a DVR.

That help?

No, I mis-led you. I meant the start and stop time were predetermined by my command to record a specific show or a series.  It is the only way I record any/everything.  I don't even watch live tv through Emby.  It is used specifically and only as a DVR.

That help?

What, exactly, did you setup to record when this happened?

Can you please tell us what you setup, what shows in the recording schedule and what the guide data for the item you setup to record looks like?

Thanks.

When we open a live stream with hauppauge we have to keep renewing it periodically or it will auto-close after exactly 10 minutes. So I think it is something related to that.

Not yet and you're the first this is happening to so when i dive into this the first thing will be to improve the logging to capture more data from hauppauge to see if we can get an indication of why it's stopping after 10 minutes.

kkorotev

Thanks Luke.

Know that it is a dual tuner card.

Tonight. I will be recording continuously from 7pm to 3:30 Wednesday morning (The Olympics).  I'll let you know what happens.

Kevin

kkorotev

UPDATE:

Scheduled to record: 2/20 Winter Olympics 7pm to10:30

Done and temp live.ts files deleted, but for one retained at 9:03

Scheduled to record (tuner 1): 2/20 Jimmy Kimmel 10:37 to 11:37

Done, but live.ts files (beginning at 10:45) were kept and on channel 10 minute chunks are still being saved (2/21 12:21pm)

Scheduled to record (tuner 2): 2/20 Stephen Colbert 10:37 to 11:37

Done, but same pattern as tuner 1 continue

Scheduled to record: 2/20 Winter Olympics 11:05 to 12:am and 12:am to 3:30am

Did not record as both tuners were busy until 11:37 (BTW, Emby has no timing conflict warning)

Did not record Olympics after tuners freed up.

Both scheduled time periods: 11:05 to 12:am and 12:am to 3:30am remain with red dots on the schedules page...

Both the late night talk shows remain with red dots on the Active recordings page.

Log, at the time all trouble started is attached. There were no errors previous to what's attached.

Know that Windows Media Player is not installed on my system. Does not exist.

Good Luck.

server-63654737218.txt

post-275566-0-95936800-1519239547_thumb.jpg

kkorotev

Luke,

Look to the area of the log I uploaded yesterday that relates to how Emby is handling the dual tuners OFF timing.

Last night I replicated what I'd done the night before but only recorded one of the talk shows...and everything worked perfectly.

Could this mean there is some general error handling 2 tuners, the second tuner only, or both tuners when both are engaged?

Let me know if you want any particular config tested.

Kevin

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
PenkethBoy

@@Luke

This is not the same issue - and why did you lock the other thread a month after the last post!!

Only just got around to reading so threads a month later?

@@PenkethBoy, the wording of this thread makes it not seem obvious, but it is the same underlying issue, which is that when a hauppauge tuner doesn't open like it should, or if it closes at some point, the server is not always recognizing that and reacting to that appropriately.

• 1 month later...

For the next release of Emby Server we've added some additional error handling to hauppauge tuners to catch situations where the tuners don't open as expected, and then relay this information back to Emby Server. Thanks guys.