UK Epg dont work

rukv

Hello,

All my UK channel except news channels have no epg, all other channel have epg. i Use iptv-epg.com and on other iptv apps all the epg work inc uk channels, but on emby all channels but no uk channel work. Is there a fix for that? :) Thanks!

I suspect you are using the wrong m3u in Emby or you didn't do any channel mapping for your guide provider in Emby.

Does your m3u in Emby contain the following tags :

- tvg-id

- tvg-name

- tvg-logo

- group-title

For EPG to work in Emby without channel mapping in Emby, your m3u must contain tvg-id's that match the channel id's in the xml from your EPG provider, found on this page: https://www.iptv-epg.com/available-channels

To add to that, first test with a local downloaded list from your provider and direct Emby to that downloaded list and if that works, you can use an URL in Emby. For your EPG provider, use the setting in Emby to provide a user agent string for the guide provider, because your EPG provider could block your account, when using its list in Emby.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/54832-326014-m3u-custom-user-agent/&do=findComment&comment=532538

Edited by Senna

all the channels are mapped in emby, but only uk channel have no epg. my IPTV app on ipfone with the same epg link from iptv-epg.com works with all channels.

What m3u link are you using in Emby, one that ends with:

1) type=m3u&output=ts

or

2) type=m3u_plus&output=ts

OK, I know your iptv provider very very well ;)

So tell me, your local m3u on the apple tv, is it from before november 22 2017 ?

Because m3u's from before november 22 have wrong tvg-id's to set up your EPG in Emby !!

Your iptv provider has changed it's tvg-id's in m3u at november 22 2017 and only m3u's after that date, has matching tvg-id's to the channel id's of your guide provider.

So please download a fresh m3u and load that in Emby and report back.

OK, tvg-id in m3u is right, for automatic channel mapping and EPG in Emby.

Next to test in Emby, use a downloaded version with your web browser of your guide provider and store locally as I described before in previous post instead of using an URL in Emby for your guide provider.

In server to do:

- Refresh channels >> Scheduled tasks

- Refresh Guide data >> Live TV

If you got EPG data now, than we can conclude that your EPG provider is blocking Emby to download the xml file when you use an URL in Emby for your xmltv guide provder and if so, you have to use the user agent option for your guide provider, like I also mentioned before.

Edited by Senna

Local epg xlm file,same problem. I try with xstream editor xml file but same problem. Some uk channels mtv dance - and some news channel have epg, but bbc/ itv etc dont have. 

Ok, tested the UK BBC channels in Emby myself and indeed Emby doesn't read some data from the xmltv listing which Kodi PVR Simple Client has no problems with.

@@Luke

Below a cut/paste form the xmltv listing with the possible problem for Emby, why it doesn't read its data for that channel:

</programme><programme start="20180130154500 +0000" stop="20180130163000 +0000" channel="BBC1.uk">
    <title lang="en">The Farmers' Country Showdown</title>
    <desc lang="en">Ben, Holly and Trevor compete at the Edenbridge and Oxted Agricultural Show. Also in HD. [S</desc>
    <category lang="en">News & Documentaries</category>
    <category lang="en">Features</category>
    <icon src="http://epgstatic.sky.com/epgdata/1.0/paimage/18/0/webANXfarmcountrysds1e1.jpg"/>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">S1E1</episode-num>

I suspect this line to cause problems in Emby:

<category lang="en">News & Documentaries</category>

Normally, extra categories are written in the xmltv listing on separate lines. But Simple Client has no problems in reading the example, so I guess Emby needs to change code for reading it too.

Edited by Senna

So what is causing it, if the SAME m3u and same xml is working fine in Kodi ?

post-253884-0-20661200-1517337637_thumb.png

For example, the complete dutch package from this guide provider, is working without any problems in Emby.

TEST.xml.gz

For me it is an Emby problem, because I tested this in Kodi, where BBC UK shows EPG fine, with your guide provider, so thanks for bringing this topic.

In Emby I tested this with a new m3u tuner, using a local m3u, with only those 2 channels and a local version of the xml, to rule out blocking of the guide provider.

Edited by Senna

If I pick a random start time of a UK channel, I see the same start time for a lot of channels in the dutch package that is working in Emby, like 20180130220000.

I attached a test xml in previous post, so you can test in Emby @@Luke. The m3u you don't need, because you can create your own test m3u, where tvg-id is same as channel id in xml.

Channel id's I tested with is:

- BBC1.uk

- BBC2.uk

Edited by Senna