port forwarding for remote access

Mattpan77@gmail.com

Mattpan77@gmail.com

i have a sagemcom5260 router provided by Spectrum. I'm having trouble forwarding port properly for remote access. I have already created a static ip address. 

Mattpan77@gmail.com

still nothing. Ive had my server working perfectly with my old router in the past. but for some reason this one is just not working

Happy2Play

If my google search was correct, that router has a Firewall.  Did you add your port forwarding rule to the firewall setting?

Edited by Happy2Play

Seems that the o.p. may not be back, but just in case, when the symptom is that you can't connect externally, in addition to firewall and router settings, it's now worth checking to make sure that the "Allow remote connections to this Emby Server" preference is enabled. (The green check box in this screenshot.)

5a6ada6145c8a_dashboard.png

Mattpan77@gmail.com

I have added a port forwarding rule on the router and the box is checked for allow remote connections. I'm thinking that i forwarded the port improperly though? Ive tried it a few different ways and none seem to help. 

Mattpan77@gmail.com

No I do not, And I've had emby server running previously before i got this router. My other router that i had it working on was broken, 

Good day,

Some ISP or router need this to be open:

5a6fda68516c4_20180130_53218.jpg

If you only using http, then only port 80 and 8096 need to be enabled.

Otherwise, I suggest what Doofus said.

My best

Just a question, does this router support NAT Loopback? I know I have had this problem with Xfinity's routers for testing. Just a thought.