Auto play next episode

andyblac644

Could there be any state left in the player related to the previous item?

That came to mind but I couldn’t find anything. We delegate to the Apple player to manage the playlist and items.

• 4 weeks later...
portokala123

Hi, we have a similar problem in our application. We found out that the iOS player splits the bigger segment into small ones and that is what brakes the TS parser. We were able to fix it with this setting:

player.currentItem.preferredForwardBufferDuration = 1

Unfortunately I don’t think that’s exposed in tvOS JS Plyer as an option. I just checked through the docs again and don’t see it.

• 4 months later...
djmikey1971

Has this been fixed yet? I’m having the same problem but with all series that I have. Some files are in mkv others in mp4. It is quite annoying that the episode will start then auto skip to next episode after about 10-15 seconds but if I go back and start the episode manually it plays fine without any problems. An update to a fix would be greatl6 appreciated.

corey

We’re working on replacing the native player. I wouldn’t expect the issue once that work is done.

• 2 weeks later...
corey

Is there any expected fix date for this issue?

We have no specific dates to provide. With that said we hope this issue is resolved with our new player which just entered beta.

• 2 months later...
djmikey1971

Hi Corey

Its been 2 months since your last post about native player for apple tv4.  How is the beta test coming along and do you have any further updates

Regards

This week we have been chasing down some issues and then hopefully soon we'll have another test release. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Embury5000

I primarily use Apple TV’s in my house for playback and have been experiencing this since I have been using Emby. Forcing Transcoding does seem to work, but I was wondering if there is a better solution for this yet. I can provide any logs that would help, as it does this with every Autoplay session and playlist that I create.

I primarily use Apple TV’s in my house for playback and have been experiencing this since I have been using Emby. Forcing Transcoding does seem to work, but I was wondering if there is a better solution for this yet. I can provide any logs that would help, as it does this with every Autoplay session and playlist that I create.

Hi, yes, let's please look at an example. Thanks !

Embury5000

Ok. I have attached 4 files. I have attached the main embyserver.txt log, and 3 ffmpeg logs, because I'm not sure exactly which of these you would need.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-883cf60e-daa9-4cbf-8e82-13076d93d291.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-887c08d78-c5ce-447d-a291-d10cd5b0d162.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-e1a3eb46-13ae-426d-ae26-99eb0fdbd84e.txt

Ok. I have attached 4 files. I have attached the main embyserver.txt log, and 3 ffmpeg logs, because I'm not sure exactly which of these you would need.

Can you describe the issue that you had? thanks !

Embury5000

Happily. When I begin playing an episode (EP1) of a TV, all goes well. I will then see the popup indicating that the next episode (EP2) will be autoplaying at the end of the current episode (EP1). When the current episode (EP1) ends, the next episode (EP2) will begin playing, but very shortly after starting, within about 10 seconds, playback will automatically skip to the next episode (EP3).

Happily. When I begin playing an episode (EP1) of a TV, all goes well. I will then see the popup indicating that the next episode (EP2) will be autoplaying at the end of the current episode (EP1). When the current episode (EP1) ends, the next episode (EP2) will begin playing, but very shortly after starting, within about 10 seconds, playback will automatically skip to the next episode (EP3).

Hi.  If you press the "Start Now" button before the first episode ends, does this still happen?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I have the the Problem :-(.

App Version 1.2.1 from 2.06.2018

When will the App get an Update?

Apologies for this issue. the new update will be available soon.