Can't stream internally

Jibest

Hi,

I have a strange issue when using the Emby Mobile App. I am able to stream live tv when I use 4G but I only get a black screen when I am on my home wifi?

If I use a web browser on my pc I can watch without any issues so I don't believe it is the network, has anyone come across this before?

Salty.dh

Hi Luke, I have some log files here which may help demonstrate this issue.

I have two ffmpeg logs:

1. ffmpeg-transcode-468e0f3a-b57a-4748-bec6-da4dda960337 is from the Android App version: Emby for Android Mobile 2.9.76 This fails to start the stream.

2. ffmpeg-transcode-a20a007f-cba6-4405-9cad-ce78b77deea0 is from the Emby Browser App running in Firefox. This successfully streams the same channel a few minutes later.

Hope that helps!

server-63652517677.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-468e0f3a-b57a-4748-bec6-da4dda960337.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-a20a007f-cba6-4405-9cad-ce78b77deea0.txt

Hi, I tried the Intel workaround posted but it didn't work in my case.

Here are some logs, I started using 4g from about 19:49 for a minute. Then switched to wifi about 19:51 and left it on the black screen for a minute.

I'm using the VA API for transcoding.

I've also signed up for the beta app so will let you know how that goes.

ffmpeg-transcode-f906d17b-b0c0-4598-92d6-294bc6eb0903.zip

Edited by Jibest

Just tried the beta. When I click play I now only get a spinning circle, the screen doesn't go black, I can still see the channel posters behind the circle.

It doesn't generate an ffmpeg log but i've attached the server log.

server-63652435200 (2).zip

Are you sure this is the android store app? I see playback attempts here that appear to be from the web app.

Hi, yeah i'm streaming from the Android beta app. Here is another log and hopefully it shows up something as weirdly tonight it was part working:

At about 8pm I tested streaming a non-hd channel and it started to stream without any issues, surprised I then tried a HD one and it worked. I then force closed the app and re-opened it. I tested again at about 8:05pm and the Tv streaming would not work at all once again so hopefully there will be some differences in the log.

ServerLog.zip

This has been difficult to hunt down so I'm not sure yet. Hopefully it was resolved via other fixes.

Hi Like. Good afternoon. I'd like to revisit this from last week. I haven't been able to post an update as I have been busy with work. My HD Homerun tuners show up in the Live TV module but I am unable to stream. The only way to fix it is to remove the tuners, reboot the server and re-add them which is a pain. And then it works for a bit and then it stops streaming and then you can't stream from any device. This issue started happening when I retired NextPVR and used the native Live TV module. Please help? Thanks.

Hi Like. Good afternoon. I'd like to revisit this from last week. I haven't been able to post an update as I have been busy with work. My HD Homerun tuners show up in the Live TV module but I am unable to stream. The only way to fix it is to remove the tuners, reboot the server and re-add them which is a pain. And then it works for a bit and then it stops streaming and then you can't stream from any device. This issue started happening when I retired NextPVR and used the native Live TV module. Please help? Thanks.

@@FGaray, please discuss an example and attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks,