nothing in the libraries

AllanMarcus

AllanMarcus

My library.db is 2.8G. I have lots of movies, tv shows, and music. Nothing is showing in these three libraries in Emby. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Is there way to reset Emby and start over? I'm new to Emby, so I will not lose anything. I think I tried to do too much too fast.

mastrmind11

My library.db is 2.8G. I have lots of movies, tv shows, and music. Nothing is showing in these three libraries in Emby. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Is there way to reset Emby and start over? I'm new to Emby, so I will not lose anything. I think I tried to do too much too fast.

What happens when you run a manual scan, assuming you were able to successfully add your mount(s) as libraries w/ the proper type of content specified?  

Edited by mastrmind11

AllanMarcus

What happens when you run a manual scan, assuming you were able to successfully add your mount(s) as libraries w/ the proper type of content specified?  

Nothing.

My media data is all stored locally on the same server Emby is running on.

mastrmind11

Nothing.

My media data is all stored locally on the same server Emby is running on.

Check/post the log and the approximate time you initiated the scan.

dcrdev

Is it a case of your media just not being identified, as oppose to being completely empty?

I don't see how your database file would be over 2gb without anything showing in the library...

How is your media organised - is it all in a flat folder, or are there sub directories for each movie or show? If the former, you need to make sure that it is added directly as a library and not as part of a parent folder.

Does the library path displayed on the emby dashboard match the location of the above 2gb database file?

Who's the owner of the emby data folder?

ls -hlpa /path/to/emby/data/folder

AllanMarcus

I made sure all my data folders and dat are world readable.

At any rate, I just checked and everything seems to be working. I guess the fact that the system was doing something, but there is no indication it's doing anything, is a problem.

Thanks for all your suggestions.