LG OLED B7/C7 question

cappa.dot

cappa.dot

I have a Roku running on my Pana plasma but sick of the DTS sync issue.

Considering either of the the following

Android TV Mi Box to replace the Roku

Upgrade TV to the OLED b7 or C7 range and use the Emby app on that. Anyone got feedback on the LG Emby app and its ability to replace the Roku experience and passthrough the DD and DTS to my Amp using ARC.

CBers

I have the LG C7V TV connected to the LG SJ9 soundbar with Atmos.

I have used the Emby for LG TV app installed and an Nvidia Shield TV connected to it and playback is flawless.

DTS-HD MA is an issue with Emby in my setup, so waiting for the MPV release further down the line, although everything works in Plex.

cappa.dot

Do you find Emby runs better on the Shield or LG? Is there any preference when you are wanting to use Emby? Is one version more polished than he other?

CBers

Do you find Emby runs better on the Shield or LG? Is there any preference when you are wanting to use Emby? Is one version more polished than he other?

My personal preference is the Shield and the Android TV app, only because I don't like Emby Theatre UI.

The ET app works fine on the LG TV though.

andyblac644

I have the LG C7V TV connected to the LG SJ9 soundbar with Atmos.

I have used the Emby for LG TV app installed and an Nvidia Shield TV connected to it and playback is flawless.

DTS-HD MA is an issue with Emby in my setup, so waiting for the MPV release further down the line, although everything works in Plex.

you won't get TrueHD ATMOS (DD+ Atmos should be posible) or DTS-HD to soundbar via optical or HDMI ARC, that just not possible, neither supported HD audio passthrough.

Edited by andyblac644

CBers

you won't get TrueHD ATMOS (DD+ Atmos should be posible) or DTS-HD to soundbar via optical or HDMI ARC, that just not possible, neither supported HD audio passthrough.

Sorry, but it is via HDMI ARC.

LG released a new firmware that makes it possible.

I also know this, as the soundbar like up with DOLBY ATMOS when it detects it.

andyblac644

Sorry, but it is via HDMI ARC.

LG released a new firmware that makes it possible.

I also know this, as the soundbar like up with DOLBY ATMOS when it detects it.

ARC does not support HD audio, it that simple, sorry but go read up, for HD audio you need eARC from HDMI 2.1, no tv has this yet, it was ratified to late for LG 2018 tv's.

btw, just because it say DOBLY ATMOS, does not mean HD audio, as i said above it is probably get re-encode to Dobly Digital plus ATMOS, that is NOT HD audio.

it just like Apple Saying they can add ATMOS in future, this does not mean TrueHD Atmos, but only Dolby Digital plus ATMOS, the kind of ATMOS NETFLIX are using.

Edited by andyblac644

CBers

ARC does not support HD audio, it that simple, sorry but go read up, for HD audio you need eARC from HDMI 2.1, no tv has this yet, it was ratified to late for LG 2018 tv's.

btw, just because it say DOBLY ATMOS, does not mean HD audio, as i said above it is probably get re-encode to Dobly Digital plus ATMOS, that is NOT HD audio.

it just like Apple Saying they can add ATMOS in future, this does not mean TrueHD Atmos, but only Dolby Digital plus ATMOS, the kind of ATMOS NETFLIX are using.

You're more than welcome to visit to hear it, otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree :D

andyblac644

You're more than welcome to visit to hear it, otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree :D

it is not about disagreeing, it about the HDMI 1.4/2.0 spec's

https://hometheaterreview.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-arc-audio-return-channel/

It doesn't currently support the passage of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio, although a representative from the HDMI Forum told me that this support is possible and could find its way into a future HDMI version.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/arc.aspx

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx

but anyway, respectfully, you obviously do not fully understand the HDMI standard, there is no point in continuing, just what your after is not going to happen, it is out of Emby's / LG's hands.

Edited by andyblac644