New registered users, user or passwords invalid when trying to login

drikosv8
Go to solution Solved by Fratopolis,

drikosv8
New registered users, invalid user or passwords when trying to login

After I create the new user and register the password, the client tries to login and the user and password invalidate.

How to solve? my user does not log in.

Fratopolis

The EMBY team will most likely need more info, which is why I'll ask these two questions.   :)

1.  Are you registering a new user on your server and through emby's online user creation?

2. Are you logging into your server with these users by direct ip/ddns or through emby connect?

Edited by Fratopolis
  • Like 1

drikosv8

The EMBY team will most likely need more info, which is why I'll ask these two questions.   :)

1.  Are you registering a new user on your server and through emby's online user creation?

2. Are you logging into your server with these users by direct ip/ddns or through emby connect?

1 I am creating the simple user, without emby conect.

2 I'm using a no-ip to hide my ip

Happy2Play

There two login options Direct via ip/ddns and Emby connect, so are you using the correct user and password?  Connect user your forum id and password, and direct uses the username and password you created in Dashboard-Users or when you installed your server.

Edited by Happy2Play

Fratopolis

1 I am creating the simple user, without emby conect.

2 I'm using a no-ip to hide my ip

Is this for remote users? If so, does the server let you log in if you connect via web browser from within your own network? Mind you you cannot use Emby Connect for local server user creation only. Which means you can only use the users you created on you local server (without using Emby connect) and only using manual login.

Edited by Fratopolis

drikosv8

Is this for remote users? If so, does the server let you log in if you connect via web browser from within your own network? Mind you you cannot use Emby Connect for local server user creation only. Which means you can only use the users you created on you local server (without using Emby connect) and only using manual login.

I discovered the error,

Please review to resolve this bug.

When you create a user and restrict him to accessing some device in the Access> Device Access option. when trying to log in the user says that the user or the password are invalid.

When enabled for all devices, the user can log in normally at the login screen.

• Solution
Fratopolis

You have to let the user log in first then restrict the user to the devices you want in the list. The device will not show up until the first connection. But I see what you are saying. I thought that myself when setting people up. But I never restricted the devices so it never posted an issue.

Glad you figured it out though.

• Like 2

drikosv8

You have to let the user log in first then restrict the user to the devices you want in the list. The device will not show up until the first connection. But I see what you are saying. I thought that myself when setting people up. But I never restricted the devices so it never posted an issue.

Glad you figured it out though.

Thank you.

Now it is necessary for the Emby team to make this adjustment.

• 2 months later...
Mikexx

Thank you.

Now it is necessary for the Emby team to make this adjustment.

Has this bug been corrected?

I'm having similar issues where I login as localhost:8096 as either the user, or under server>Users>XXXX>Password; where if I create a new password I get: "Login Failure" and "Invalid username or password. Please try again"

Mikexx

I had this problem as well yesterday.

The logging in and setting up of a pasword fails if I login with the localhost:8096 but is successful if I use my ddns name and port.

I can set a password for the user if I type in myname.no-ip.com:8096 into the URL.

Its very strange as I would have thought they would have been effectively been the same 'address'.

• 5 months later...