Crash on Live TV on DS918+

kevlar2010
Go to solution Solved by kevlar2010,

kevlar2010

I'm running 3.2.70.0-1 and have noticed that on live TV it will play for a short bit, but then seemingly crash. I have to restart the playback of the live tv. This happens only on live tv, my saved tv and movies don't seem to be affected. It seems to be more common when transcoding is involved. I didn't have this problem on 3.2.60.0-1. 

I have seen it both in the web interface and on an Amazon Fire TV, though less on the Fire TV as is it does live tv via direct play.

Has anyone else seen problems? I have restarted both the emby server and the nas as a whole.

Log file attached.

Log.txt

kevlar2010

I did some more testing and can report that it only happens with live tv on this version. Once the program is recorded, I can play the recording (which still requires transcoding) just fine. It's only trying to stream it as it happens that seems to result in an issue.

A couple of side notes, I am going to be away from this setup for a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to do more testing/upgrading until I get back. Also, is there a way on the synology to roll back a version? The previous version did not seem to suffer from this issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
kevlar2010

I updated to the newest version this morning and was able to stream to three different devices (web browser, fire tv, emby app on android phone) and all three seemed to work properly for a long period of time. I would say that htis issue is resolved.

• Like 1