Live TV Hauppage - hide channels in the guide

Diedrich

Diedrich

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding native support for the Hauppage TV tuners! After setting it up, I have a few requests. (I have a quad HD tuner)

1. It's not intuitive to map the channels. In fact, at first I thought something was wrong with my Schedules Direct setup. The user should be prompted to map the channels.

2. Could you add the ability to hide unmapped channels from the guide, please. My guide is littered with channels that we don't watch.

SHSPVR

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding native support for the Hauppage TV tuners! After setting it up, I have a few requests. (I have a quad HD tuner)

1. It's not intuitive to map the channels. In fact, at first I thought something was wrong with my Schedules Direct setup. The user should be prompted to map the channels.

2. Could you add the ability to hide unmapped channels from the guide, please. My guide is littered with channels that we don't watch.

1: Funny part with is with analog capture input like Dishnetwork or DirecTV it automatic but not the with over the air channel reason being is because no thank to Hauppauge goof ball channel setup which list them as 1012, 1023, 1023 when it should be listed as 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and so on

2: That easy just remove them from WinTV by del that channel from WinTV list

5a63817367024_wintv.jpg

Edited by SHSPVR

Diedrich

That easy just remove them from WinTV by del that channel from WinTV list

Emby communicates with the WinTV program? I Ithought it was native Edited by Diedrich

Emby communicates with the WinTV program? I Ithought it was native

Yes it is. It uses a hauppauge api, and wintv uses that same api. therefore wintv can also be used for channel management.

• Like 1

SHSPVR

Emby communicates with the WinTV program? I Ithought it was native

Yes if you have WinTV install that where it pulls the channel list from so don't remove WinTV or Emby will stop working

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1

SHSPVR

It doesn't pull from wintv. It pulls from the same api that wintv uses.

Yes it dose pull from WinTV data base it called hcwChanDB_5.mdb, because Emby doesn't have build in channel scan

If I Clear all Tuner and EPG from Emby and close or stop Emby service

Then run Hauppauge Empty Channel Database or Erase Channel Database

Then run Emby and add the Tuner and EPG I end up with a blank channel screen like this Luke

5a639966c038f_embynochannel.jpg

But soon I run WinTV device setup wizard for channel scan then Emby is able pick the channel

Edited by SHSPVR

• 2 weeks later...
pwhodges

I guess I'm missing something here.  I'm getting the same as in the picture above, but if I go to WinTV, the channels are all there and I can watch them.

I'm running Emby 3.2.70.0.  I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900H USB tuner (which I found in a cupboard with its WinTV 6 CD) and WinTV 7 software (an allowed update from the CD) and the latest driver.  In Emby's list of tuners, the tuner is described as "undefined" and "Available".

Is there something I should have done, or do you need some debugging info?

Edited by pwhodges

SHSPVR

I guess I'm missing something here.  I'm getting the same as in the picture above, but if I go to WinTV, the channels are all there and I can watch them.

I'm running Emby 3.2.70.0.  I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900H USB tuner (which I found in a cupboard with its WinTV 6 CD) and WinTV 7 software (an allowed update from the CD) and the latest driver.  In Emby's list of tuners, the tuner is described as "undefined" and "Available".

Is there something I should have done, or do you need some debugging info?

I think you need ver 8 for that work

Edited by SHSPVR

pwhodges

I wondered - but I'm sure the beta thread says v7 or v8.  Emby didn't see the device until I updated to v7, and then it did (which was what I'd expected).

OK, I'll have v8.5 on Monday; they don't process serial number purchases outside working hours (I missed Friday's by ten minutes!).

pwhodges

In fact I got a four-tuner card and installed 8.5 today.  So now Emby sees that device, and can stream from it. 

But why does Emby show it as having just two tuners?  Also, is it possible to access the EPG info that WinTV collects off air?  And can it access the selective channel lists (like my "Favourites" one)?

Also, although the Channel List shows station names alongside channel numbers, the Guide display doesn't (but they show in the hover pop-ups) - with the exception of ITV on channel 3 and various others way down the list (I'm in the UK, using XML-TV for the guide).

Edited by pwhodges

SHSPVR

Each device is a dual tuner in the list so you should see 2 device = 4 tuner

Edited by SHSPVR

pwhodges

Ah, got it!  Thanks.  I didn't realise that the two detected devices were independent - as they had no numbering or such indication, I presumed it was just a quirk of the program showing the same device twice.  Silly me.

aspdend

1: Funny part with is with analog capture input like Dishnetwork or DirecTV it automatic but not the with over the air channel reason being is because no thank to Hauppauge goof ball channel setup which list them as 1012, 1023, 1023 when it should be listed as 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and so on

2: That easy just remove them from WinTV by del that channel from WinTV list

5a63817367024_wintv.jpg

I was literally just trying to do this last night and didn't even think of removing the channels via WInTV - will give this a whirl tonight! many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
PenkethBoy

Just an additional point

If you uncheck a channel rather than delete it - emby will still "see" the channel and pull it into the guide

So to completely remove the channel as discussed you have to delete it.

SHSPVR

We plan to expand on our channel management features in an upcoming update. Thanks guys.

I'm hope in the near future Luke it can do everything with in Emby with out the need of any WinTV software being involved for now it will get US by

We need

Channel Scanning for reg Tuners

Channel by Set-top box like Satellite or Cable

Channel Renaming

Channel Mapping

Some kind IR Blaster support

Edited by SHSPVR

• 1 year later...
bitteronthefruit

Or a way to just hide a TUNER from the guide? I  want to search for content because it's vod but don't want the listings to appear in the guide.