Podcast Plugin does play but I can't download

jurgenhaas

jurgenhaas

I have the latest Emby server installed on RasPi and I'm using the Podcast plugin. I can see and play the feeds in the Android app, but when I want to download and of the feeds or individual items, I always get the info that the download failed. I couldn't find anything in the logs.

Downloading other media like images or music does work though, so I guess the configuration the Android should be OK.

Any idea what I could do to find out what the problem is and how to fix this?

I think the fact it is allowing you to try to download it is a bug.  Since the podcast items do not exist in your library, our normal downloading would not work and some of the content would be restricted from downloading so we would need a different mechanism for this.

jurgenhaas

Thanks @@ebr for your feedback. I just wonder what the best Podcast support could actually be provided. Getting the feeds and management of the read/listen status seems to be available, just the offline supports missing. Could there be some easy way forward to allow the download by just using what's there for streaming and just store that on the local device for offline consumption?