Metadata fix

jmrotzek

jmrotzek

I have a TV series with the naming convention is as directed in the Wiki: "show name s01e01 Title of Episode.mp4". 

I see episodes that are being shown as a two part when it's not and one part when it's two. I found that Thetvdb website has episode data as it was aired while IMDB shows the DVD episode data. This is the obvious cause for the "bad data". I have looked for information for metadata manager editing and I have found how to change the data being shown. However once a rescan is done the information is overwritten by what I think of as bad data. I even have one episode that is not shown although there is a file in the directory. If I lock the metadata for the item, it will not overwrite it, but I am forced to manually enter or correct the episode information and lock the item before another rescan is done. 

Is there a better way? Can I force the data be obtained from IMDB instead of Thetvdb? 

hi there @@jmrotzek, can you please elaborate on this a little bit more:

I see episodes that are being shown as a two part when it's not and one part when it's two. 

Can you show some screenshot examples of those two situations? thanks !

jmrotzek

Here are screen shots:

(Sorry for the large images. Not good at graphics.) 

5a6427e726b53_media_directory.png

Below is the path and the title for the wrong episode. "The Doorbell Rang" is one file, one episode on DVD. "Champagne for One" is a two part episode with two files. 

5a64285981e22_listing1.png

"Over My Dead Body" is a two part, two file episodes, but it's shown as only one (1). 

5a6428f18ac4d_listing2.png

I have tried various naming conventions such as "A Nero Wolfe Mystery"  for each file as well as the parent directory (which IMDB shows for the DVD title.) 

I hope this helps.

Joe.

jmrotzek

Right. tvdb and imdb don't match.

The other tv series are pulling the correct data. (so far)

Do I manually edit the file, or is there a way to choose the db for the tv series?

I can cut and paste all the wrong information (not just title) then lock the episodes? Or do I lock the show at the parent highest level once they are all done? 

You can't choose the provider per tv series. So yes you'll need to edit manually. As far as what to lock, what's really up to you. Can you lock the parent series if you wish, or you can only lock what needs to be locked by handing it at the episode level.