empty libraries after upgrade

fkp

Hello,

Yesterday I have upgraded my emby-server from 3.2.60 to 3.2.70 but not through the depository.

I use to upgrade via apt-get upgrade via http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_9.0 but yesterday

I have downloaded the deb file emby-server-deb_3.2.70.0_amd64.deb and installed it via dpkg -i

everything was fine after installation but at the end of the day all my libraries seems to be gone, the home page shows the libraries but not the recent movies, tv shows ... emty page

if I click on movies, it's empty

I can watch movies via kodi on my tv, but with emby apps, I don't have any content, nothing on the web page, I have tried to make a manual scan, no effect

I have checked the setting, seems to be ok

I have tried to go back to 3.2.60, same empty libraries

yesterday I have also upgraded the debian system and some emby mono stuff has been removed ( seems to be linked to the fact I have used the deb and not the depository ).

Thanks for your help !

attached the last log

server-63652029449.zip

Edited by fkp

Thanks for the quick feedback, I just tried

1) remove

2) add it

3) scan and the process seems to be locked at 39% for minutes now but the library is filled with the files with no images

I have removed all my libraries and add them back.

Just have to wait the loooooooooooong scan.

do you have an idea about what happened ?

It is related to trying to install the new .deb installation on top of the older package. we'll look into it, thanks.

I just added a part of my movies ( not the all collection ) just to test, and the movie is still empty

( I have books, Live TV, and Muisc video back ).

how can I clean the old database ?

with the depository package, the path was /var/lib/emby-server now it appears to be /var/lib/emby, but both directories are present, do I have to remove everything and re install emby ?

well, emby became completely unusable so :

1) uninstall emby

2) remove /var/lib/emby and /var/lib/emby-server

3) install emby from repository

4) restore /var/lib/emby-server from backup

5) rerun OK

if you have a safe way to switch from repository to .deb, I am interested ( as the .deb distrib is supposed to be more efficient )

Thanks

Edited by fkp

Currently we are still updating the old package in order to allow people to keep using that without any disruption, while trying to steer all new installations to the newer method.

I'm using the .deb file off the website (manual upgrade from .60) in Ubuntu 17.10 

Same problem.

I noticed the path to configs / metadata / etc changed - the program now seems to want /var/lib/emby-server instead of /var/lib/emby

I created a symlink and did a 'systemctl restart emby-server' 

No change.

I dropped a library and readded it.  No change.

I forced a library scan. 

Library updates are slow.

Debug logs are mostly useless with things like:

• My browser requests to the server
  • a few timeouts   Error App: Error in The Open Movie Database

I've browsed the metadata folder.  It's there.  There's images in it.

Feature request:  No metadata, list interface.

current_folder:

video_name.mkv

video_name.mkv

video_name.mkv

select one and it plays.

No concept of movies / series / actors / relationships / waiting for thin clients to retrieve a 10MB picture of before I can press play for the third time / keeping large databases...

Edited by Phezz

MischaBoender
I had a similar experience. I've upgraded Ubuntu from 17.04 to 17.10 yesterday, followed by an upgrade of Emby-Server using the DEB package. After installation of the DEB package my Emby server started up and presented me with the installation screen followed, as if I just installed Emby on a new machine. Once my heart rate went back to normal I restored a backup and found that my configuration was back, except for plugins and library content.

Plugins I had to reinstall and reconfigure, and my libraries came back after about 2 to 2,5 hours of scanning. During most of this time it looked like the progress was stuck at around 70%.

Yea it was intended that if you had installed the older package that you would just stay on that and get your updates through regular apt-get update.  You can certainly install the new package if you wish, as it will perform better and is more stable, but it is a brand new installation if you do that.

Endlogic

I did the same upgrade to 3.2.70 on an unraid docker (using the EmbyServer template) I noticed that there was issues with my movies library, (empty), so upon removing it and attempting to re-add it I find I can't select the folder for movies.  works fine with other folders such as tv but can't seem to add the movies folder.  a small snippet from my log shows the following error.  Related possibly?

/bin/ffprobe: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/samba/libtevent.so.0: invalid ELF header

Endlogic

@@Endlogic can you please attach the complete log file? thanks !

Here is the log from the web interface after I tried to add the movie folder again.  Also the log from the docker in unraid where I received the original message

Log.txt

Unraid Log.rtf

Edited by Endlogic

Endlogic

@@Luke so last night I wiped my install, and re-imaged my docker file, and switched over to the Binhex Emby.  still have the issue where the movie library is installed, it won't read anything in the user share.  I have around 800 movies in individual folders.  confirmed there are files in it and permissions are the same for all the other shares.  TV works fine just movies for some reason.  Fresh log attached.

Log-2.txt

@@Endlogic, i would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server and using our official docker. once you've done that, please start a library scan and then attach the log file from that if there's still an issue. thanks !

gstuartj

Hi @@Luke, I'm trying to migrate my Emby install to a new container using the new .deb install method. When I copied my data folder over I also ran into this issue: missing metadata images, upon scanning the library everything is gone, etc. I'm fine with using the Backup plugin to migrate everything instead, which seems to work, but losing device authorizations and active user sessions is going to be a pain.

Is there a way to manually migrate those device auths & sessions to the new install?

Endlogic

@@Endlogic, i would suggest updating to the latest version of emby server and using our official docker. once you've done that, please start a library scan and then attach the log file from that if there's still an issue. thanks !

@@Luke Done, same issue. log attached 

Log.txt

Endlogic

@@Luke not sure what exactly you'd want to see so I clipped a bunch of things haha.  But main point, inside the user share Movies and TV are set up the same way.  each series or movie inside separate folders.  Stange that tv works and movies wouldn't.  same permissions and I've had Emby work fine with it before so no clue where its coming from.

post-248679-0-18052700-1517523482_thumb.png

post-248679-0-49496400-1517523488_thumb.png

post-248679-0-52382400-1517523496_thumb.png

post-248679-0-60657200-1517523504_thumb.png

post-248679-0-61929100-1517523512_thumb.png

Endlogic

What if you try removing the libraries and then adding them back?

the TV library works fine, but I have problems selecting the movie library.  when I navigate to /media and I select /movies I get the spinning wheel but I never see the folder with all the movies.  so I have to manually type the path for /media/movies. 

Endlogic

Can you provide the log from the spinning wheel, thanks.

removed the movie library and attempted to add it.  after the spinning wheel the path box is empty and when I hit add folder it says I have to add a folder. 

Log-2.txt