Auto Organize Issues - No provider metadata

kingy444

kingy444

Over the last fortnight or so ive noticed increasing issues with Auto Organise moving files to their destination. The interface doesn‘t provide much info (Error: Null) and the logs just say 

Warn App: No provider metadata found for ...

I left it for a little as i knew that the tvdb api was having some issues, but ive now tested the api locally via alternate methods and can confirm it is bringing data back. Currently running Application version: 3.2.70.0 and all plugins updated (including Auto Organise, 2 days ago)

kingy444

Did you check tbdb to see that they have metadata for the episode that it is trying to organize?

i did, should have mentioned my test was for the same episodes (it wasnt just for one series). files are actially already named correctly based on a powershell api integration i wrote to talk to tvdb, i just let emby put files where they should be

the issue seems to randomly resolve itself within a day or so of me noticing it. ie, those files are now sorted. but they will sometimes just be sitting there for days because of this error.

i looked on the forums, and saw the same issue posted back when the tvdb was completely down. so as a test (not now, a few weeks ago) i added the moviedb as a provider for episode data, and the files organised immediately, but their info was not the same as the tvdb so i turned it off and reverted to the one provider. This actually temporarily resolved the issue with the tvdb and everything started working fine again, i assumed maybe this cleared some local cache issue, but its obviously returned.

fraenhawk

Yeah, I've been running into the same thing myself. TVDB has teh data if you go through the web page, but the logs say "Warn App: No provider metadata found for" <item>

I don't think it's necessarily an Emby problem though. I think tvdb may be getting slammed. First of all, I have other episodes that are organizing fine, so it's not 100% not working. Secondly, I've noticed for the past few weeks getting CloudFlare warnings trying to browse the site. So maybe Emby is just getting timed out but instead of saying that in the logs, acts like there was no data.

fraenhawk

Small update that could make it a problem on either end. I had a small list of files to organize (4 files, 2 from each series). Two from one series organized fine, the other two did not. So, I don't think it was communications, or random, more like something coming back on one of the series that can't be handled - bad value, bad character?

If I knew more about this stuff, I'd manually call the tvdb api and see what exactly was getting returned. The two successful were scorpion season 03 episodes 13 & 14 and the two unsuccessful (still) are supergirl season 03 episodes 10 and 11

Yeah, I've been running into the same thing myself. TVDB has teh data if you go through the web page, but the logs say "Warn App: No provider metadata found for"

I don't think it's necessarily an Emby problem though. I think tvdb may be getting slammed. First of all, I have other episodes that are organizing fine, so it's not 100% not working. Secondly, I've noticed for the past few weeks getting CloudFlare warnings trying to browse the site. So maybe Emby is just getting timed out but instead of saying that in the logs, acts like there was no data.

Thanks for the feedback !

Small update that could make it a problem on either end. I had a small list of files to organize (4 files, 2 from each series). Two from one series organized fine, the other two did not. So, I don't think it was communications, or random, more like something coming back on one of the series that can't be handled - bad value, bad character?

If I knew more about this stuff, I'd manually call the tvdb api and see what exactly was getting returned. The two successful were scorpion season 03 episodes 13 & 14 and the two unsuccessful (still) are supergirl season 03 episodes 10 and 11

As always please discuss an example and see how to report a problem. thanks !

kingy444

@@Luke the experiences described by @@fraenhawk sound very familiar to my own.

Eventually it will pick those episodes of Supergirl up, and the api returns results in my tests. Could very well be a cloudfare issue as described, but where my API doesnt cache anything locally, EMBY does, and perhaps this is causing the issue?

Happy to post logs next time it happens - but what i posted above is literally all you see.