Channel Mapping

kingy444

kingy444

This could possibly fall under feature requests, but worth asking the question first.

I've been running NextPVR for some time, and the inbuilt support for Hauppage tuners definitely seems quicker. One thing it is either lacking (or I missed) is the ability to:

1. gather data that is not in the XMLTV file from the video stream itself and fill in the gaps
  2. Map info from the XMLTV file to a different channel. ie, in AUS we have a SD and a HD version of the same channel, but our only XMLTV provider i have found only provides content for one of the channels

One further 'suggestion' i was thinking about is some way to filter the live tv section based on the provider. ie. If i want to use the native support, but my wife preferred the NextPVR version etc, we could choose which one we used, rather than everything being displayed

kingy444

So - I of course just found the drop down. But that has presented a different issue.

As you can see from my screenshots - i have 3 XMLTV files, as not all channels are in each one. But since each XML file is using the same mapping info it is difficult to tell which "Prime" (as an example) entry it is mapped to. ie, all XML files may contain Prime, but ABC in all areas may not have the same thing on at the same time.

5a61de9572b1e_provider.jpg

What I am suggesting is a slight alteration to the map channels page so you can see what you actually have mapped to that input such as

5a61dfd035f96_channels2.png

Edited by kingy444

kingy444

thanks, emby being able to read the integrated EPG data would be great addition for filling the blanks on those channels we dont have xmltv data for.

can i also ask, when you start a recording from the video playback screen (videosd.html) ie. click the record button in the video playback section, the recording starts fine, but clicking it again changes it to a series record, then clicking it again brings up a ‘keep recording’,’cancel recording’,’cancel series’ selection screen. My question is, is there an easier way to stop the recording from this screen (ive only used schedule record before)? i expected a stop button or similiar that would say ‘Stop recording Now’,’Stop in X Minutes’,’Stop at X time’

kingy444

What about usage of dual providers, has there been any thought on how they are displayed on the front end?

I have a hauppage network tuner so that works well with the inbuilt, but my media pc also has a built in card that NextPVR uses - so would be good if i could choose from the main interface which provider was being used for the streaming service

Especially since at the moment - all channels are duplicated on the channels screen - would be good to know which one was Hauppage direct and which was NextPVR

Edited by kingy444

would be good to know which one was Hauppage direct and which was NextPVR

In this case there is no relationship between the two. If you are using the new built-in hauppauge support then you can just uninstall the next pvr plugin.

kingy444

In this case there is no relationship between the two. If you are using the new built-in hauppauge support then you can just uninstall the next pvr plugin.

Thats fine - if i didnt also want to use my nextpvr tuner on the server (a physical card) - so i have moved my haupauge tuner to the built in support, but my physical card is still connected to NextPVR - is there anyway to distinguish which connection is being used? Even if it was as simple as in user preferences the user needs to select which tv provider they use, so in my case i would have dropdown for Native + NextPVR

Edit: I want to note that - yes, i could continue to use NextPVR in its entirety, but the inbuilt support appears to be better for the Hauppage tuner (faster playback and i like that it records in mkv), but i also prefer the extra video card not to go to waste

Edited by kingy444

Hei

Have a problem mapping channels.

Running emby 3.2.70 on a debian machine.

The problem is in mapping channels.

When i want to map a channel the channel list is to long for the screen and i cannot scroll in the mapping window.. Picture attached

Anyone have a soloution for this?

Here is 1 picture of the problem. There is channels further down in the list but i cant accsess it

5a6372ff08804_mapchannels1.png

kingy444

but why do you need the plugin installed with emby?

More around utilising all I have available - I have haupage that allows me to have two streams running - that covers the wife and I - but if EMBY could also utilise the physical card via nextpvr then i can record something while we watch two streams.

Of course i could setup the scheduling through nextpvr - but its more about centrallising managing everything

• 4 months later...

Hi All, i've got the same issue as the OP, emby is not able to use all my channels unless i only partially map guide data (about 1/4th of actual channels). The OP posted in Jan and there were some revamps apparently coming, are these still in the works or have they been abandoned?

OTA data would also fix this, from googling solutions mediaportal does it so that's one solution but better would be emby native.

muppets4

I am hoping for this too. Because there are so many unused channels now that it makes the app sluggish. I would like:

- to decide in what order my channels appear

- delete unused channels