Can't play anything since 3.2.70.0 -Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available.

Douglas_D

Douglas_D

Hi,

My server updated itself this evening from 3.2.60 to 3.2.70.0 and since then I have been unable to play anything from any device I've tried (Chrome web browser, FireTV stick, android app, iOS app, roku).

The server is running on a docker within my Unraid server. It is updated to the latest docker version.

The error that pops up whenever I try to play anything is "Playback Error: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Attached are server logs and transcode log examples from just before the upgrade, where a user was able to login and watch a TV episode,and after the upgrade showing errors whenever trying to watch the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. I did test out a bunch of other videos and am getting errors trying to watch anything on my server. I went through a windows share to verify that I could open those files directly as well.

logs.zip

It seems there is no write access to the transcode temp directory

'/mnt/disks/INTEL_SSD/Emby Transcoding/transcoding-temp/5e8e357f0462cac943a81f32afa432fd0.ts'

Can you try setting that directory back to default? thanks.

Guest plexman

I've got the same problem with LiveTV M3U channels. Before I could play everything, but now it shows "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available" while trying to play a channel.

Log attached. :) 

server-63651994459.txt

Edited by plexman

I've got the same problem with LiveTV M3U channels. Before I could play everything, but now it shows "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available" while trying to play a channel.

Log attached. :) 

Same symptom, but no, not the same problem. Looks like a problem with the tv stream itself to me.

Douglas_D

Hey Luke,

Thanks for the reply and pointing me in the right direction. I removed the custom directory in the transcoding settings and was able to start transcoding things again without issues.

Next, I went back in and re-directed the transcoding folder to "/mnt/disks/INTEL_SSD/" and it created a transcoding_temp folder no problem. After that I tried to reset it to the original folder "/mnt/disks/INTEL_SSD/Emby Transcoding/" and it started giving me the same error again.

Finally, I went through and deleted the "Emby Transcoding" folder, recreated it, reset the transcoding folder and then re-reset it to the full "/mnt/disks/INTEL_SSD/Emby Transcoding/" folder. This corrected the problem and I'm back in business. I don't really understand what could have happened to cause the transcoding folder to become unwriteable from Emby, but I'm glad I'm back online.

Guest plexman

Same symptom, but no, not the same problem. Looks like a problem with the tv stream itself to me.

Well it could be, but the thing is that before updating to 3.2.70.0 the stream was the same and it was working without problem. Let me know what things can I test to try different solutions and find the problem. I don't guarantee it, but I doubt that is the stream problem, maybe yes, but I don't think so because from one version to another it didn't change, don't know.

Guest plexman

Found more interesting things related to this topic and more precisely the new user-agent option. While trying to open the same stream on 3.2.70.0 it is not played because ffmpeg log shows "Option user-agent not found.". So i'm afraid that's the reason why it is not played, ffmpeg doesn't recognize the user-agent option. Is there a way to "ignore" the user-agent option in case is not needed?

transcode-log.txt

yea apparently ffmpeg has recently changed that from user-agent to user_agent, so we'll have to adjust.

Guest plexman

Just to know, will this be fixed in the next stable or it could come earlier as a little patch to get LiveTV working again?

Edited by plexman

Well currently you're the only one i've seen that error for. In all other situations ffmpeg is just printing a warning saying please switch to the new name. So that's interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
theniteow1

So, I was running into this issue as well when trying to playback recordings or stream videos from a web browser, iPad, etc.  I would get the same error "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available."    I tried updating to the latest version of Emby beta 3.2.70.11 and that didn't solve it.  I traced it back to an issue with transcoding.  I went into the transcoding section on Emby server and discovered the field H264 encoding CRF was BLANK!  I set it to a value, and boom everything started working.  I am pretty certain I never set this blank.  I believe this has been broken for a while, since we direct play most everything, but my son was trying to watch a movie on his iPad about a month ago and it wouldn't work.  I just blew it off it was an issue with the iPad itself, not realizing it was an issue with transcoding.  Hope this helps some people resolve this issue.

So, I was running into this issue as well when trying to playback recordings or stream videos from a web browser, iPad, etc.  I would get the same error "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available."    I tried updating to the latest version of Emby beta 3.2.70.11 and that didn't solve it.  I traced it back to an issue with transcoding.  I went into the transcoding section on Emby server and discovered the field H264 encoding CRF was BLANK!  I set it to a value, and boom everything started working.  I am pretty certain I never set this blank.  I believe this has been broken for a while, since we direct play most everything, but my son was trying to watch a movie on his iPad about a month ago and it wouldn't work.  I just blew it off it was an issue with the iPad itself, not realizing it was an issue with transcoding.  Hope this helps some people resolve this issue.

Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
Mr.Mojorisin

Hi,

I run into the same issue that I can't play movies from a web browser and get the error message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." Tried to solve it with setting a different path for the temporary transcoding files and also checked if the H264 Encoding CRF is blank, which was not the reason. During saving the new path setting for the temporary transcoding files the error message "We're unable to locate FFmpeg using the path you've entered. FFprobe is also required and must exist in the same folder. These components are normally bundled together in the same download. Please check the path and try again." appears. I already checked if there are two folders for ffmpeg but this is not the fact.

The issues appeared after updating to the new version of emby server 3.3.0.0. I've a second server with the same components and installations which is still running on 3.2.70.0 where everything is working fine.

The log file is attached. Any help is much appreciated.

Log.txt

Hi,

I run into the same issue that I can't play movies from a web browser and get the error message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." Tried to solve it with setting a different path for the temporary transcoding files and also checked if the H264 Encoding CRF is blank, which was not the reason. During saving the new path setting for the temporary transcoding files the error message "We're unable to locate FFmpeg using the path you've entered. FFprobe is also required and must exist in the same folder. These components are normally bundled together in the same download. Please check the path and try again." appears. I already checked if there are two folders for ffmpeg but this is not the fact.

The issues appeared after updating to the new version of emby server 3.3.0.0. I've a second server with the same components and installations which is still running on 3.2.70.0 where everything is working fine.

The log file is attached. Any help is much appreciated.

What OS are you on?

Ok, for this method of installation you have to self manage the ffmpeg build. That means you need to download it, mark it as executable with proper permissions, and then configure it in emby.

Alternatively if you wish, you could do a complete uninstallation and install using the newer procedures listed on our website:

https://emby.media/download

Our new install packages have ffmpeg self-contained so that you don't have to worry about it. Thanks.

Mr.Mojorisin

Ok, for this method of installation you have to self manage the ffmpeg build. That means you need to download it, mark it as executable with proper permissions, and then configure it in emby.

Alternatively if you wish, you could do a complete uninstallation and install using the newer procedures listed on our website:

https://emby.media/download

Our new install packages have ffmpeg self-contained so that you don't have to worry about it. Thanks.

Thanks Luke! I'm quite new with OMV and emby so I don't know which way is the best for me. My thought to use the apt tool method was to be easily able to see and install the newest version by the web gui of OMV. When I'm using the newer procedure than I need always check manually if there are updates if I understood it right? Is there a way to migrate the new installation with the current database that I don't need to rebuilt it?

On the other side if I'm installing ffmpeg manually am I still able to use the apt tool method to update emby?

I unfortunately not know how to execute the steps you described. Can you give me any hints where I can find the related information.

Sorry for bombing you with questions, I'm still a noob but willingly to learn ;)

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk