Podcast plugin not streaming audio file but able to download it.

xbmcgotham

xbmcgotham

Hi,

I added a podcast rss feed and the following behavior is shown. Any ideas how to fix this?

* rss is indexed correctly and all data and podcast images are scraped and shown in emby web.

* however when clicking the play icon, I get the message "Playback error: no compatible streams are currently available", which wont let me stream the mp3. (this happens for all podcast in this rss)

* But when I go into the podcast menu of the particular podcast and click on download, I can download it without any problems.

Thanks for the assistance.

xbmcgotham

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Sorry, my bad. forgot to add.

Since the last post, I have been testing. I even deleted most of the episodes in the rss feed and only left 1 podcast in as test. Noticed that for some reason the plugin is still showing all other podcast episodes. Even though I had deleted the old link from the plugin settings page. Maybe, the DB is still holding the incorrect information and has not yet been cleaned after removing the podcast url? Is their a way I can clean the podcast DB or can check if it is clean before doing more tests?

Thanks

UPDATE: After renaming the file name, it worked! :-) It was related to caching. Not sure how to remove the cashing for the podcast plugin. also did ctrl+F5. Tips for the future?

Edited by xbmcgotham

Channel content has a caching period of I believe 3 or 6 hours so that's why the changes were not immediately reflected.