UWP Theatre - Multi Part Movies

paulsalter

paulsalter

Hi,

I added my first multipart movie yesterday and think i have it named correctly

When i went to view it last night (Xbox App), it played the first part and then stopped, i went back to the movie details and the 2nd part does not show up so couldnt play from there

The only way i could play was using the Web App which showed the 2nd part and use the play to device feature

Not sure if i have named something wrong, or multi parts are not available in the Windows Store version yet

Screenshots of Web App (Additional Parts visible), UWP App (Additional Parts missing) and folder structure

Thanks

5a608755dc3b0_ITwebapp.jpg5a60876905057_ITUWP.jpg5a60877c3a478_ITExplorer.jpg

Edited by paulsalter

FrostByte

I've done that with movies like LoTR and Ben-Hur which were on 2 different Blu-ray discs.  Mkvtoolnix will remux mkv files with like resolution which makes things so much simpler.  There probably is a tool for MP4 also, if not you could remux them into mkv.

• Like 1

paulsalter

I've done that with movies like LoTR and Ben-Hur which were on 2 different Blu-ray discs.  Mkvtoolnix will remux mkv files with like resolution which makes things so much simpler.  There probably is a tool for MP4 also, if not you could remux them into mkv.

Hi,

It was the Mkvtoolnix that i used, it picked up both the mp4 files added them together and gave me an mkv with the reult

only tested parts of it, including the joined part, and all looks great :)

Edited by paulsalter
  • Like 1

We need to complete our support for multi-part movies, certainly, but due to the fact that it generally has a very small audience that is the reason why it keeps getting delayed and delayed. Thanks.

• Like 1

paulsalter

We need to complete our support for multi-part movies, certainly, but due to the fact that it generally has a very small audience that is the reason why it keeps getting delayed and delayed. Thanks.

Thanks

This was the first one i have ever had, so a rarity for me to use them

• 3 years later...
wordlover

I am bumping up against this issue with a couple of multi-file movies and would prefer not to manually join video files.

Is manually selecting the multiple files, clicking "Group Versions," playing first file, going back to the main screen after the first file ends, and flipping the 1p/2p switch the only way to see the two parts, i.e. a forced intermission? Not a huge burden, just curious if this is the current Emby state-of-the-art for handling multi-file movies?

emby.jpg.e710893611f56fee236ae41e1b502f74.jpg

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, wordlover said:

I am bumping up against this issue with a couple of multi-file movies and would prefer not to manually join video files.

Is manually selecting the multiple files, clicking "Group Versions," playing first file, going back to the main screen after the first file ends, and flipping the 1p/2p switch the only way to see the two parts, i.e. a forced intermission? Not a huge burden, just curious if this is the current Emby state-of-the-art for handling multi-file movies?

What version number?

Since you grouped two items, that is the expected method.

But this is what I get in v1.1.388.0.  Have not tested but should auto play additional parts.

image.png.48636f282e2c888234618dab5618c2dd.png

image.png.3bec3b72dcb5d33451dd1d9034eef014.png

wordlover

I'm puzzled by your version numbering. I'm running up-to-date server version 4.6.7.0. on Windows. The client shouldn't matter, but I'm running Android 3.2.32.

Edited by wordlover

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, wordlover said:

I'm puzzled by your version numbering. I'm running up-to-date server version 4.6.7.0. on Windows.

That is the server not the app/client version.

The version I listed is ET store version/UWP ET.

image.png.7eda3574c3d14172148eac7b2b9935b9.png

Edited by Happy2Play
added image

wordlover

[Sorry, I might have been editing when you were replying.]

I'm confused. This should be controlled by the server, right? Anyway, I'm on server version 4.6.7.0. on Windows. For client, I'm running Android 3.2.32, and see the same issue when I visit that movie via the Web browser interface.

Happy2Play
Just now, wordlover said:

[Sorry, I might have been editing when you were replying.]

I'm confused. This should be controlled by the server, right? Anyway, I'm on server version 4.6.7.0. on Windows. For client, I'm running Android 3.2.32, and see the same issue when I visit that movie via the Web browser interface.

Sort of, but this topic is specific to UWP Emby Theatre.  

There are topics in the Android section about this as these clients do not display the additional part.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/104732-how-to-play-second-part-of-two-part-movie/&do=findComment&comment=1102215

On 6/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  The Android TV app does not show them to you but will play them in succession if you play the item.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99304-additional-parts-on-tv/

GrimReaper
8 hours ago, wordlover said:

You don't have your parts named properly for file stacking. As per above screenshot, you have them named <moviename> - 1p.ext and <moviename> - 2p.ext, hence Emby is multi-versioning it and you're getting version dropdown, as that is not one of the supported naming conventions for split video files.

Emby Movie Naming : Emby

Rename those suffixes accordingly.

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures. Split videos require all parts be in the same movie folder with no other videos present in that folder.

• part#
  • cd#
  • dvd#
  • pt#
  • disk#
  • disc#

You can also use:

• moviename#.ext

Where # can be A through D

• Like 1