/etc/init.d/emby-server missing

MaeIstrom

MaeIstrom

I'm using MX linux which is a debian variant sans systemd and after installing emby-server-deb_3.2.60.0_amd64.deb I'm unable to start it. I've been googling for a solution and most sysv setup references a /etc/init.d/emby-server file which is not on my system. I would normally go to the sources but what sources? For a so-called opensource project there doesn't seem to be anything resembling that on this site so I'm wondering if anyone with a working sysv setup could post their /etc/init.d/emby-server file?

mastrmind11

Not sure the deb package is designed for init.d systems.  Have you tried pulling the non .net-core version using apt-get?

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure the deb package is designed for init.d systems.  Have you tried pulling the non .net-core version using apt-get?

but why?!  Debian 8 and Recent Ubuntu comming with systemd from the start. Legacy stuff is a history

mastrmind11

but why?!  Debian 8 and Recent Ubuntu comming with systemd from the start. Legacy stuff is a history

No clue, just speculating

MaeIstrom

OMFG could you ppl be any thicker? Simca which part of "MX linux which is a debian variant sans systemd" was too hard for you to understand? Even if you're too ignorant to know what sans mean there's no experience for confusing the letters 'MX' with 'Ubuntu' so I'm forced to conclude you have a severe learning disability or you're laboring under the delusion that any conversation can be improved by the sound of your voice no matter how idiotic, uninformed or just plain irrelevant your drivel is. For the record MX is not legacy software it's one of several distros that have chosen not to use systemd. It also happens to be one of the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of distros not supported by this joke of a website that doesn't understand what the "source" part of open source means.

mastrmind11, you had time to respond to that twaddle but telling me how to get the "non .net-core version" as you suggested was too hard for you? Or do you also like to spam forums with random words that you've memorized but don't actually understand in the hope you will appear clever? Didn't work did it?

Let me try dumbing this all the way down to this forums IQ level.

IMAGIN U HAD PUT A EMBY PROGRAM ON A LINUX BOX THAT NOT HAVE SYSTEMD! HOW WOOD U MAK IT GO??? IT ALREADY ON THERE IT JUST NEED START INVOKAT10N!

Has anyone with access to the source grasped the enormous simplicity of this problem yet? Or should I include some sort of picture?

Also for future visitors from google the actual answer is to forget this amateur-hour garbage and choose one of the other DLNA servers out there. And be sure to tell whatever blog that recommended emby to you that it's actually substandard freemium software masquerading as GPL, maybe deceptively or maybe due to the fact that, as you can see, it's community is mainly populated by mouth breathers that like to use terms they don't understand.

Edited by MaeIstrom

• 2 weeks later...

OMFG could you ppl be any thicker? Simca which part of "MX linux which is a debian variant sans systemd" was too hard for you to understand? Even if you're too ignorant to know what sans mean there's no experience for confusing the letters 'MX' with 'Ubuntu' so I'm forced to conclude you have a severe learning disability or you're laboring under the delusion that any conversation can be improved by the sound of your voice no matter how idiotic, uninformed or just plain irrelevant your drivel is. For the record MX is not legacy software it's one of several distros that have chosen not to use systemd. It also happens to be one of the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of distros not supported by this joke of a website that doesn't understand what the "source" part of open source means.

mastrmind11, you had time to respond to that twaddle but telling me how to get the "non .net-core version" as you suggested was too hard for you? Or do you also like to spam forums with random words that you've memorized but don't actually understand in the hope you will appear clever? Didn't work did it?

Let me try dumbing this all the way down to this forums IQ level.

IMAGIN U HAD PUT A EMBY PROGRAM ON A LINUX BOX THAT NOT HAVE SYSTEMD! HOW WOOD U MAK IT GO??? IT ALREADY ON THERE IT JUST NEED START INVOKAT10N!

Has anyone with access to the source grasped the enormous simplicity of this problem yet? Or should I include some sort of picture?

Also for future visitors from google the actual answer is to forget this amateur-hour garbage and choose one of the other DLNA servers out there. And be sure to tell whatever blog that recommended emby to you that it's actually substandard freemium software masquerading as GPL, maybe deceptively or maybe due to the fact that, as you can see, it's community is mainly populated by mouth breathers that like to use terms they don't understand.

you r dumb? seems too. Where i told about "hard of understanding", you r piece of shit