Emby Theater - Samsung F-Series TV

strugglez

strugglez

Hi there,

So finally got to posting this.

I've finally upgraded to the new official app after having transcoding issues on the earlier unofficial app that Frostbyte and others worked on. I am still somewhat interested in using the older app still by switching back to the New Zealand samsung smart hub store if that transcoding issue could be fixed as that App was working pretty sweet too!

In terms on the new official app, I've come across display issues and somewhat a few functions that are either missed or not working as expected possibly?

The photos below show case some of the problems I've run into the app so far and gives you an idea of what happens when going between tabs and hovering between items. Essentially objects are disappearing and reappearing.

I also have problems with collections showing entirely but when the app is 1st loaded into it shows all. Only coming back to this tab they do not reappear. 

When scrolling through all movies or all shows, they only manage to appear horizontally and they over extend the letters down the left hand side. I believe I tried another setting in the app which said "vertical" but that made the app even worse to work with with nothing displaying at all really.

When going into a series, I don't know if the image relating to each episode for the show is meant to be tinier to accommodate the size of the screen but I don't believe that was intended.

In terms of remote functionality while playing media and showing the info such as nerd stats or the seek time, pause, play and all that, I can't get anything on my remote to bring up anything, or whether or not you guys were aiming to have that implemented if not already?

There are a few other things which I haven't taken photo's of yet but will add to this thread when I have some time.

Cheers

Strugz

5a605bf9ef872_20180116_2220031.jpg

5a605c5954c67_20180116_2220501.jpg

5a605dcf833ef_20180116_2221071.jpg

5a605e06eec66_20180116_2221231.jpg

5a605eb42b3f2_20180116_2221461.jpg

5a605f9f54a20_20180116_221904.jpg

• Like 1

It looks to me like it has an older rendering engine and it's going to require some work for us to support that.

• Like 1

strugglez

It looks to me like it has an older rendering engine and it's going to require some work for us to support that.

To be honest, I don't mind if it isn't supported. Is there a possible chance the old app I was using just got updated if that's the easier approach, It worked pretty flawlessly besides the transcoding issue I came across from that last thread.