Lyrics Plugin for Emby?

pcman772

• 6 months later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, Spaceboy said:

well thats problem 1 solved :)

Hello good sr. Is there any updates on this topic? 

I don't know if any already try this but the music player in my tablet (Huawei mate pad) use the .lyrics file when I downloaded my FLAC music

11 hours ago, NETFY said:

Hello good sr. Is there any updates on this topic? 

I don't know if any already try this but the music player in my tablet (Huawei mate pad) use the .lyrics file when I downloaded my FLAC music

Hi, not yet but we are interested in lyrics support for future updates. Thanks.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
mcln27

Hallo all

I tried QuickLyrics on my Phone and that works great  Unfortunate it does not work on my nvidia shield 

• 2 months later...

Why not leave the choice of lyrics to the user?
emby reads the lyric file with the same name in the same directory and automatically displays the lyrics, otherwise there is no lyrics
emby is only used as a display and does not provide scraping services

13 hours ago, zushl said:

Why not leave the choice of lyrics to the user?
emby reads the lyric file with the same name in the same directory and automatically displays the lyrics, otherwise there is no lyrics
emby is only used as a display and does not provide scraping services

Yes I'm sure that once we have lyrics support, there will be an option for locally provided lyrics.

I just finished adding lyrics to my rather large music library (took about 30 mins) using the freeware program called MediaHuman Lyrics Finder which embeds the lyrics directly into the music file itself (very handy) and was hoping Emby would display lyrics in the "More" (3 dots) menu option but alas, not to be. So, I am adding my voice in the hopes that this is something that will be included in future. BTW, iTunes displays lyrics in song info, as does PotPlayer (displays them as subtitle file) so I can't see this being a difficult option to implement either with embedded lyrics or an external lyrics file. I am also hoping that the Emby Metadata editor will allow me to edit the lyrics (for correcting spelling mistakes etc.) by simply editing the embedded MP3 tag directly or editing the external flat file directly.

• Agree 1

On 10/5/2021 at 11:36 PM, Luke said:

Yes I'm sure that once we have lyrics support, there will be an option for locally provided lyrics.

just provide the function of displaying lyrics,  we can find lyrics 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sarakha63

@Luke  i tested the lyrics with the lyrics i already own. And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code. Just like the trailers for movies. Lyrics are often stored in a lyrics folder next to the tracks.. Would you mind looking also for what's inside this lyrics folder.

I had to move the lrc file next to the track file to test but it worked well. 

9 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

@Luke  i tested the lyrics with the lyrics i already own. And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code. Just like the trailers for movies. Lyrics are often stored in a lyrics folder next to the tracks.. Would you mind looking also for what's inside this lyrics folder.

I had to move the lrc file next to the track file to test but it worked well. 

If that's what a lot of people are doing, then yes we can look into it. Thanks.

Sarakha63
2 hours ago, Luke said:

If that's what a lot of people are doing, then yes we can look into it. Thanks.

I wont Say its a lot.

But as this was proposed as a clean way to store lyrics in the album folder in a lyrics subfolder in kodis official lyrics downloader plugin and is still used to search lyrics as they are Still detected as today in a lyrics subfolder next to the tracks .. it is surely used by some people who have already lyrics file that they got and downloaded for some years.

And as you only implement lyrics now thats why i proposed to handle this as it Can be found out there

The 3 cases are i think

- embedded

- lrc / txt next to the track

- lrc / txt in a lyrics subfolder next to the track

Of course the first two are the most common i think but the third is non null and is used.

• 10 months later...
arrbee99

Emby does lyrics. Can't remember what to do though. You add them yourself using something like Foobar2000 and a foobar lyrics plugin like OpenLyrics. There's a thread somewhere -

or is that not what you're asking....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, matrix1 said:

Any updates on lyric support?

Hi, Emby supports lyrics. What exactly is your question?

• Like 1

matrix1

Thanks for confirming support.  It sounds like I need to find out how to set this up.  I will search the online docs and see what I find.

BillOatman
37 minutes ago, matrix1 said:

Thanks for confirming support.  It sounds like I need to find out how to set this up.  I will search the online docs and see what I find.

• Thanks 2

matrix1

Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

Using the Windows software foobar2000 and adding components OpenLyrics and Lyric Show 3 with the sister component Multi-Source Lyrics to foobar2000 works well to find synced lyrics (.lrc files) giving you two options to generate synced lyric files.

foobar2000's right-click menu (after loading/selecting all music)...

OpenLyrics | Search for lyrics

and

Download lyrics...

When these components are configured properly (as explained in the thread below), these files are automatically dropped into the same folder as the music files.  Emby recognizes these files and provides a spectacular synced lyrics interface which is just awesome!  Thanks to the devs for all of their hard work and again thanks for everyone's help!

Reading this thread was key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
sterremos

Great, its looks that this working around also working for me.

But i am dutch and we have dutch singers with English numbers, therefore its find no lyrics.

is there a solution for,  Multi-Source Lyrics will not be installed

Ron

1 hour ago, sterremos said:

Great, its looks that this working around also working for me.

But i am dutch and we have dutch singers with English numbers, therefore its find no lyrics.

is there a solution for,  Multi-Source Lyrics will not be installed

Ron

Hi, a solution for what, finding lyrics?