Font/Codec support for Chinese language subtitle

jnrfalcon

jnrfalcon

Sub languages like Chinese is not supported on Android and Android TV versions. Please fix this...

Here's a link to an example sub file pulled from one of my files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DOFAUnUYD2WZVAGtqKTMM1J1cN7jjRC9/view?usp=sharing

Here's what it looks like on Emby Theater on PC at 0:01

5a606b82493a2_sully.jpg

And this is what it looks like on Android (Galaxy S7), same on Android TV (MiBox)

5a606c44ee0b4_Screenshot_20180118014217.

Edited by jnrfalcon

We will see if there is a way we can adjust the fonts in the player (which is doing the rendering) to accommodate this.

jnrfalcon

We will see if there is a way we can adjust the fonts in the player (which is doing the rendering) to accommodate this.

The beta version Luke gave me works great and is properly displaying the characters. You guys can start from there ;) Thank you so much for your work.

The beta version Luke gave me works great and is properly displaying the characters. You guys can start from there ;) Thank you so much for your work.

Yes, well it is using a different player which has other limitations on the TV platform so is probably not the answer here.

Thanks.

jnrfalcon

Can you please test this with the new beta version (1.5.38) of the Android TV app?

I just enrolled the test program. But I just sent my MiBox back and am expecting a Nexus Player in a few days. I will report back once I have it set up. It might be different though... since MiBox is Arm based and Nexus Player is Intel x86...

Edited by jnrfalcon