Emby Server - Make changing language on specific library entries easier

Pankookis

Pankookis

Hi

I live in Sweden and have a lot of swedish movies and series. My folder directories are handled automatically and I prefer to keep it the way it is, thus making a specific directory and change the library settings for swedish things not an option.

Many swedish movies, especially kids movies, have english titles that are so different from the original titles that they're hard to find in my library. I usually change the metadata language to swedish on these entries. 

Last week I changed most of my movies and yesterday I had to re-add my library and it changed all back to english so I'm going to change it again. It dawned upon me that it's very tedious to do unless I'm doing it the wrong way.

In order to change my swedish movies I have to do:

• Open Kodi and sort countries for Sweden since Emby wont let my filter out swedish movies.
  • Go back to Emby and search for the movie
  • Edit info
  • Scroll down to preferred download language
  • Scroll through 200 languages (or something like that) to swedish
  • Click Save
  • Click Refresh metadata
  • Click Replace all images so I'll get a swedish poster if it's available

The dream scenario would be that you could chose that movies with an original title in swedish or swedish audio track will have swedish as preferred download language but I guess that might be a bit much to ask for.

But maybe at least in the server settings to be able to specify which languages you are interested in which will remove the 198 languages you never going to use and then make the number of clicks lesser. 

• Filter movies in Emby
  • Edit info
  • Scroll to preferred download languge
  • Easily select language from pre selected ones
  • Click refresh (and it will refresh everything or that replace images is pre selected)

It might not seem like it would speed things up but going through say 50 movies and every new swedish movie I'll add will add time. 

Thanks

Hi, yes I suppose that would be easier, but have you also just tried putting focus on the language select box and then typing the letter S?

Pankookis

Hi, yes I suppose that would be easier, but have you also just tried putting focus on the language select box and then typing the letter S?

Sure I can do that but not on my phone for instance. 

But I will redo my library and hope I never have to touch the language again,