Playing Trailers in Cinema Mode unable to watch main movie

vze22jjw

vze22jjw

I have a Windows 10 PC running EMBY  3.2.60. I have 3 fireTV running the latest EMBY App with Cinema Mode enabled.  I have an EMBY Premier Account in Active status.  I've enabled two(2) trailers to run before main movie from my Library.  I have all connected via Ethernet on local network. I'd half the time I encounter a trailer that is not found, unable to be trans-coded, internet stream times out and the main feature does not play.  I'm able to remedy by force quitting application, disable cinema mode in app or server playback and try movie again.  I realize this is not a true workaround but ultimately I just want to watch the movie I selected not really the trailers.  This being a main feature of the product I would like for this to be fixed.  I've included latest log of this occurrence where the "Running Scared (2005)" Trailer URL get 404 from ffmpeg trans-code logs and app crashes.  I do no have logs for the FireTV APP but was hoping that the server logs could be a good starting point.

emby_server.log

transcode.log

vze22jjw

I wanted to report that while running beta version of FireTV app I encountered two trailers from the apple trailer service that was unable to be played and I received dialog box after about -20-30 sec that asked if video had issues with audio/video, (yes or no).  I was able to select "yes" and get to the main feature.  Will this "fix" be merged to main app?  My family would not have to come get me to restart app.  Thanks.

Yes, it will be released with the next version.  If you need an immediate fix, you could install the beta.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
MarcWinter

Just to let you know: I encountered a similar problem. 2 Trailers are supposed to be played, but only one played, while the second was announced and I received a gray screen freezing the whole app. Stopping and restarting made it work again, but lead to the same problem. Only reducing trailercount to 1 helped.

I'll try to follow the instructions for beta and see if it helps and report back here.

Marc