MBC cannot play any media

Johannes Ney
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Johannes Ney

Whenever I try to start media playback of any kind (music, video are both affected), MBC (or WMC, not sure) gives back an error message with the full path to the file and the information that said file was either missing, corrupted or in a place not reachable at the moment.

My Media Folders are set up using UNC paths and MBC on another machine works flawlessly. This only occurs on the machine MB3 is running on.

If it is of any help, MB3 is Version 3.0.5171.19958, MBC is Version 3.0.129.0 2-12-2 and here is the latest MBC log: http://pastebin.com/M6Yw7fiF There are some error messages right at the end that seem to be relevant, but I am not able to understand exactly what they mean.

• Solution

You don't have the proper codecs installed for WMC to be able to play that file.  I would install LAV Filters.

• Like 1

Johannes Ney

Awesome. I did not think of codecs because of the wording of the error message. But all is well now, thank you very much!

Yeah, WMC gives a horrible message there.  Basically says it can't find the file if anything goes wrong.  Glad you got it going.