Buffering on Emby QNAP 451+ FireTV / PC

mholste

I sent logs at 5:45pm MST from my FireTV. I was watching 3:10 to Yuma and within the first minute it freezes 3 times. I have tried this on my PC browser at 5:52pm MST and from FireTV with same results. I am using the latest beta version manually installed for QNAP. I think this may be a basic setting I need to change either in QNAP or Emby server that is causing some sort of transcoding issue, but I am a complete novice. I can't attach the logs using either the advanced or basic uploaders. I get an error Upload Skipped (No file was selected for upload) even though I selected the file and it specifies the file I selected in the error.

Details: I was using MS Edge browser Microsoft Edge 42.17063.1000.0; Emby Application version: 3.2.60.11 app: AndroidTv, version: 1.5.32a,

My movie files are generally MKV and I have this issue to varying degrees on all of my movie files.

I also don't seem to be able to update my Emby app on FireTV to premiere even though I purchased a premiere membership. When I try to input my code it only gives me the option to purchase for $4.59 on amazon.

Thank you

Ok so the issue is you're just not getting fast enough transcoding here. Have you tried enabling the vaapi hardware transcoding option in emby server setup?

I turned on VA API and it seems smoother on browser, no freezing, yet; just a little pixilation on one opening scene. I'll try FireTV next. I've attached the most recent logs with it on. Also, should I have "enable throttling" checked? It was by default. 

Any other settings I should check?

Also, how were you able to tell the issue from the log file. Just hoping to learn more about how to troubleshoot myself.

Thank you very much for the prompt replies.

ffmpeg transcode log 911pm MT.txt

Serverlog 2018-01-14 911pm.txt

I would leave all other settings on default. In the previous log i was able to determine the frames per second of the transcoding process by looking at this throughout the ffmpeg log:

frame=  306 fps= 16 q=28.0 size=N/A time=00:00:12.76 bitrate=N/A speed=0.678x   

16 fps is lower than the rate of the source video and won't be fast enough to be playable. In your newer log your getting much better performance:

frame= 1292 fps= 61 q=-0.0 size=N/A time=00:00:53.88 bitrate=N/A speed=2.53x