Server Crashing constantly

JakeByr

I'm using FreeBSD 11.1 on Nas4Free. Emby server is running in a jail and has been for over a year or more now. I've updated to the latest Emby-server package 3.2.60 and now the server crashes after less than a minute. I'm not seeing anything stick out in my eye in the logs. I am trying to rebuild a backup jail from scratch and then going to copy over the database and such to see if something was messed up in the update. Previously I was running 3.2.36 for a long time and it was working. I've not had this trouble before when updating to the latest build. I've attached the last two logs, both with debugging turned on. Is there anything specific I should be looking for?

edit: I looks as though it's a crash in mono because when I restart it and then look at "top" I see the mono service running for a short time as it checks for changes and then it crashes and stops the service from continuing. 

Edited by JakeByr

Hi, very strange. can you try shutting down all kodi apps on your network and see if the issue persists? Thanks.

I'll try that as well. I'm trying to rebuild Mono from ports and see if that's the issue. I have only one Kodi device on my network currently, running 17.4 since release 17.6 hasn't been pushed out for my build of the OS on raspi. 

Edit: Finished building mono from scratch and shut down the instances of Kodi running on my network. Same issue though. Emby-server crashes out after the mono process starts to run to update the library's on first run. Here is the last log pulled from the server after a fresh install of mono and shutting down Kodi on the network. 

server-63651480304.txt

Edited by JakeByr

With the new jail up and running, Emby server hasn't crashed yet and is scanning my libraries. I'm working to follow the backup guide from github to see if I can make this a working replacement. Something isn't correct in my other jail...

Edit: I am at a loss on why this jail went south. Now I am not even able to restore any of the database files or statistics from the previous install. I followed the backup guide but nothing transfers. I'll have to start from scratch.

Edited by JakeByr

I've had crashes after creating a new jail with the emby-server 3.2.60 package. Everything runs fine until mono-sgen service starts scanning the library and doing it's thing to update. Then it seems as though it runs out of memory or something similar happens and it crashes the emby-server service. I've checked my running logs from the server and I do not have any "out of memory" errors. I did not have this trouble with the 3.2.36 package version. 

Is there an archive in which I am able to download a previous build or should I look into downgrading the mono package? I'm not sure how to proceed with this since it's happening in two different installs. 

server-63651607036.txt