Poor video quality

bigeyez

Hi

I think that some kind of metric used for the Android app is making the videos on the devices look worse.  I made sure that h264 settings are geared towards high quality (slow encoding and 14 crf, max cpu) and I do not use hardware accel.

The  same videos (even when resuming) look 5x better in the browser (even on waterfox android) compared to the android client. The videos lack detail and are very blurry on the Android client nomatter what preset I choose while playing.

The emby server running on Debian Testing X64 12gb ram, quad core i7 running Emby version 3.2.60.13

You can test it by downloading some videos from Vimeo to your offline browsing.

thanks

Edited by bigeyez

Click on cog wheel while playing a video and see what setting is it on. If the link is slow it will reduce the quality otherwise it will keep buffering every few seconds.

Hi

Like I said the link speed cant be an issue because the same device, the same spot, the same video looks 5x better on Firefox on Android.

As far as the in app settings, I also mentioned in my post that changing the in video settings profile (like auto to 1080x8 mbs etc) does not make a difference at all.

Edited by bigeyez

• 2 weeks later...