Anonymous access to Emby

fathibn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello,

I am new to Emby, have tried it some weeks ago and liked it, now i have to make a real deploiement test. My situation is as follow:

Need to give access to Emby to everyone who connects to the wifi network, preferably anonymously. Haven't found how to do this, i have setup an account with blank password, so a user has just to click on that link and is logged in without password. I would like to prevent him from changing profile and password, have followed https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-177-manage-your-home-with-emby-users/ but i dont find the "Disable access to user preferences" in Advanced control as is shown in this tutorial.

As i said, i don't need anyone to have his account on emby as all users are occasionnal passengers.

Can someone help me ?

TIA

Fathi B.N.

• Solution

Hi, there is currently no way to prevent them from changing their own password but we will add a setting for this in an upcoming update. thanks.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi, this setting is no longer available, although it is likely to return in the future, at least for preventing password changes.

• Like 1