Unable to unlock app on NVIDIA Shield

mlwt95
Go to solution Solved by mlwt95,

Hi.  I have installed emby for app tv on my invidia shield device, model # P2897.  When try to unlock I get error DF-RPC-01: Error retrieving data from server.  I first talked to Google support to ensure there were no problems with my account.  The chat is attached. 

I sent my server log at 5:15 PM EST. My username on the server is mlwt95@.com.  The chat transcript with google is attached as well

5a57e49156dc7_20180111_165205.jpg

Okay, well the screen shot you provided above is from the Play Store, not our app so whatever is going wrong has to be on their end.

As I said, others with this exact same error code said the solution was related to their payment settings.

Thank you.  Appreciate the support.  I've checked it myself and do see a payment method there.  It's back to google now to have them verify what they see.

Excellent.

Yes, please document here what it took in case this happens to anyone else.

Thanks.

• Solution

Google provided the following steps to try.  I did step 2 first and tried to unlock, it didn't work.  I then did step 1 and it worked after that.  For anyone who tries these steps,  please note these instructions are not device specific so you would need to navigate to the areas mentioned and perform based on your device.  For example, I have the Nvidia Shield and navigating to Apps is different than the path shown in step 1.

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall Play Store app updates:

1. Go to Settings > Device > Apps > All > Google Play Store.

2. Touch Uninstall updates. This will revert the Google Play store app to the original version that came with your device.

3. Launch the Google Play store app, then switch to the Home screen on your phone/tablet.

4. Wait 5-10 minutes for the app to self-update.

5. Re-launch the Google Play store app.

To check your version of Google Play, return to Settings > Device > Apps > All, then scroll down and touch Google Play Store. The version number appears under the app name.

Step 2: Please make sure that all of your payment information is up-to-date:

1. Sign in to payments.google.com.

2. Click Settings.

3. Under "Payments profile," click the Edit icon next to "Name and address."

4. Update your address and click Save.

Step 3:  Try purchase through an different payment method:

1. Open the Play Store app.

2. Touch the item you're trying to buy.

3. Touch Accept on the permissions screen.

4. On the purchase screen, touch the arrow on the top right next to the price.

5. Touch Payment methods.

6. Choose a different payment method.

7. Touch Buy.

Step 4: Try clearing the cache and data for Google Play Services on your device.

1. Navigate to Settings.

2. Scroll down to the Device section, and touch Apps.

3. Swipe over to All.

4. Scroll down, and touch the Google Play Services app.

5. Touch Clear cache and Clear data.

Step 7 : Remove and re-add your Google account back to your device

Note: removing your Google account from your device may delete some local settings and locally-stored in-app content if this data hasn't been synced to Google servers or elsewhere.

You won't lose your apps (your purchases are associated with your Google account) or any data stored on Google servers, such as email in Gmail, Google contacts, etc. You will be required to enter your password again when you re-add your account, so make sure that you remember what it is!

To remove your account:

1. Touch Menu > Settings > Accounts.

2. Touch Google and then the name of the account you wish to remove.

3. Touch the three vertical dots in the top right corner.

4. Touch Remove account.

To add your account back to your device:

1. Touch Menu > Settings > Accounts.

2. Touch Add Account and select Google.

3. Enter account information.

4. Retest.

If your issue is still not resolved the next step is to perform a factory data reset of your device, which will return your device to its original, out-of-the box state.

Before performing a factory data reset, I'd recommend backing up and saving any photos, videos, music, or other items stored on your device. You can backup your device using Google's online backup services or by connecting your device to a computer via USB.

Follow these steps to perform a factory data reset.

• Like 1