IPTv not working after upgrading from .36

ewalkersc
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ewalkersc

I have tried several times but after upgrading from .36 to .40 or .60, my IPTV service no longer works.  I'm running on a QNAP.  If I run the installer for the new version, everything successfully installs, but when you tune a channel is says error opening tuner.  I don't make any changes other than the update.  If I put .36 back on, it works fine.

The below is in the server log

2017-12-16 17:09:13.128 Error HttpClient: Error ProtocolError getting response from http://YYYY.com:8080/live/YYYY/YYYY/1378.ts
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.2.40.0
    Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Operating system: Unix 4.2.8.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: False
    Mono: 4.6.2 (Stable 4.6.2.7/08fd525 mercredi 23 novembre 2016, 17:45:54 (UTC+0100))
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/ProgramData-Server
    Application directory: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597>:0
      at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <a8460a77e67a430a8486a9751162e5f4>:0
    System.Net.WebException
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <bd46d4d4f7964dfa9beea098499ab597>:0
      at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <a8460a77e67a430a8486a9751162e5f4>:0

2017-12-16 17:09:13.130 Error App: Error opening tuner

HI there, can you please attach the complete emby server log? that just shows your provider returning a 401 unauthorized status code. thanks.

rholborok

What was the issue? I have noticed that if a channel fails no other channels are playable. I ever up getting tuner not available

It wasn't really an issue, it was something we hadn't seen before. I had a hunch that the 401 unauthorized responses were coming back from the iptv provider due to not supplying a user-agent as part of the http request. So now we allow you to configure a user agent if needed, and if left blank then we'll put something in there so that it's not empty.

• 6 months later...
bidikman

It wasn't really an issue, it was something we hadn't seen before. I had a hunch that the 401 unauthorized responses were coming back from the iptv provider due to not supplying a user-agent as part of the http request. So now we allow you to configure a user agent if needed, and if left blank then we'll put something in there so that it's not empty.

Hello same problem the iptv plugin does not work with the latest version of emby

maegibbons

Hello same problem the iptv plugin does not work with the latest version of emby

Totally different issue.  The previous issue was to do with IPTV tuner and m3u channels.  You are talking about the IPTV plugin which is used to bookmark individual IPTV streams.

I dont use it that often but it appears NOT to be working for me either.

However,  explain in detail what is not working for you and provide logs.

Krs

Mark